Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk is responsible for processing invoices, expenses and credit cards and making BACS with the correct approvals. Maintaining internal controls using PO’s, accurate coding and authorization sign offs. Answering and resolving supplier queries in a timely manner. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be reporting into the Finance Manager for Teneo Strategy, working closely with the Project Accountant, and be part of the wider Finance team.
- Ensure all purchase ledger accounts are accurate and updated on system
- Accurate and timely recording of all supplier invoices, expenses and credit card costs
- Ensure all costs are properly authorised by the relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure all credit card statements are authorised and posted on system on a monthly basis
- Ensure all invoices received meet Teneo Strategy requirements and are correctly addressed
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all suppliers and expenses
- Ensure accurate recording and posting of all petty cash transactions
- Bank reconciliation (incl. foreign accounts)
- Ensure daily banking of all cheques and obtaining petty cash when instructed
- Match supplier invoice to correct PO number
- Request and reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis
- Run Aged Creditors report – flag any credits and severely overdue invoices. Identify missing invoices
- Ensure timely response to requests for further information from suppliers re expenses or invoicing
- Ensuring filing is kept up-to-date on weekly basis
- Compile information for external auditors as and when required
- Ensure compliance to internal prescribed timetables
- Update of bank cash reporting and intercompany transfers when required
- System training to new employees
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Proactively develops initiatives to improve internal financial systems (where appropriate)
- Makes decisions in a timely manner that reflect a full understanding of the issues involved
- A good level of competency with mainstream software packages that are relevant to role
- Shows initiative and adopts a proactive approach
- Identifies issues and resolves promptly
- Manages and prioritises workload effectively
- Successfully handles multiple tasks
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with all levels of people
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with colleagues and external suppliers
- Seen as a cooperative team player willing to resolve issues for the good of all
- Ability to explain the reasons why we need particular processes and documents
- Always seeks to go above and beyond
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure and bounces back from set backs
- Positive outlook, seen as committed and enthusiastic
- Displays a healthy work-life balance, while sharing the load if teams are under pressure
- Actively participates in continuing professional development
What we offer:
New joiners are supported by an induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.