You will be reporting to the Global HRIS Lead to support various stakeholders to develop and deliver Workday data analytics and insights.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement custom reports and integrations to meet evolving business needs
- Conduct regular system audits to identify and resolve integration discrepancies, providing ongoing support to end-users; troubleshoot and resolve system-related issues, escalating to vendors when necessary
- Leverage Workday and Workday integrated products and features to build custom reports, advanced reports, matrix reports and integrations to be consumed by all levels of People business and business line services
- Applies people data subject matter expertise and analytical insight to Talent Acquisition, Management, or Compensation-related projects and initiatives and across all HCM areas
- Creates and maintains reports and process documentation
- Provide end user support; deliver training and create and maintain-process and technical documentation related to reporting
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures and business uses of data and insights to aid business outcomes
- At times, will provide general Workday HCM support, problem resolution and configuration tasks as needed
- Monitor and triage HR technology support tickets
Skills & Experience required
- 3-5 years of working experience people data
- 3 years of working with Workday all levels of reporting & integrations
- Extensive knowledge of workday (prior certification or workday Pro reporting preferred) or similar HRIS tool; PeopleSoft and/or SQL Syntax
- Fundamental understanding of XML and XSL
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in designing and developing business facing and internal reports with data visualization
- Understanding of Workday integration functionality
- Working knowledge and exposure across multiple functional areas such as Core HCM, Compensation, Reporting, Security, Talent Management and Recruiting
- Expertise in developing Workday Reports and calculated fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage collaborative relationships across all the business, regional and global functional areas
- Maintains confidentiality; appropriately protects employee data
- Effectively prioritizes workload comprised of both transactional and project-based tasks
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and communicate the meaning of measures and metrics
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Versed in working in a global model across time zones
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
We offer a whole host of benefits and rewards including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,600 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.