Teneo is a global advisory firm that works exclusively with the CEO and leaders of the world’s largest and most complex companies, providing strategic counsel across their full array of key objectives and issues. Our teams integrate the disciplines of strategic communications, investment banking, management consulting, corporate governance, risk, and government affairs to solve the most complex business and reputational challenges.
Teneo Risk Advisory is one of five business segments within Teneo, alongside Strategy and communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, and People Advisory. We are focused on offering CEOs and management teams a holistic approach to identifying, managing, and mitigating operational, reputational, event, and strategic risks to their businesses.
The business segment, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors, and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health, and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds equip us to address a myriad of internal and external threats that CEOs must navigate daily.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are Risk Intelligence, Resilience Advisory, Crisis Preparedness and Response, and Cyber Security Risk Management.
A Vice President within Teneo Risk is a core, client-facing member of our account teams. As a Vice President, you are responsible for assisting with defining and executing strategic programs and initiatives in support of Teneo Risk clients. Vice Presidents must be highly motivated and dedicated individuals who can deal directly with senior clients and internal team members on strategy, new business development, client solutions, thought leadership, and industry trends. This includes CEOs of major global corporations and their leadership teams requiring Vice Presidents to illustrate strong communication and client advisory skills.
This role centers on corporate resilience, holding accountability for evaluating clients’ crisis management, threat assessment, and physical security requirements. It involves crafting and implementing strategic corporate security programs, generating assessments, and delivering crucial outputs for client engagements.
Throughout individual client engagements, the Vice President is responsible for working with account leads and other operational staff to conceive of and drive the creation of different deliverables. They must independently produce high-quality client solutions, such as threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments (TVRA), threat and protective intelligence briefings, corporate standards, policies, and procedures. They are additionally able to mentor junior team members in the creation of the same.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience supporting a corporate resilience or security program at a Fortune 500 firm or major risk consultancy. The Vice President will support the Managing Director of the Corporate Resilience practice area and will work closely with the team to manage client engagements and deliver best-in-class service.
- Directly support the division’s corporate resilience and physical security strategy offerings by regularly conducting physical security reviews of commercial and select residential properties independently.
- Independently produce high-quality corporate security and resilience deliverables such as threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments, threat intelligence briefings, corporate security and security programs, and corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
- Manage workstreams and projects, including the definition of timelines and deliverables, and the creation of progress reports across the account team and client points of contact.
- Serve as a workstream lead or project manager across multiple client efforts simultaneously while ensuring high-quality outputs across all engagements.
- Interact directly with clients and third-party partners to facilitate workstream activity, create project deliverables, and ensure the team can meet critical deadlines.
- On an as-necessary basis, research and analyze content from open sources, including social media and digital platforms, to produce concise, high-quality written analyses for a range of products.
- Develop and implement enterprise security risk management and corporate security governance programs by developing bespoke standards, policies, and procedures for individual clients.
- Develop and implement training curriculums to embed customized risk governance programs across client enterprises.
- Mentor and lead operational staff members to produce client-ready corporate security and resilience deliverables.
- Flexible to travel as needed (both scheduled and unplanned escalations).
- Other duties as may be assigned.
NOTE: Experience conducting physical security threat assessments for private and commercial properties – and assisting in developing mitigation strategies – is required. Applicants without this experience will not be considered.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience working in a corporate security or security consulting role is required.
- Graduate of a top-tier university; graduate education in areas such as political science, international relations, emergency management, cybersecurity, or resilience preferred.
- Professional certifications, such as RIMS’ CRMP or ASIS International’s CPP, are preferred.
- A strong understanding of international and domestic threat actors, including terrorist and extremist groups, cyber threat actors, and the geopolitical threat landscape is preferred.
- Experience working in or supporting corporate security in the technology, corporate real estate, or financial services industries.
- Detailed understanding of the principles of enterprise security risk management.
- Experience with project planning and management
- Ability and comfort interacting with senior executives, celebrities, or well-known public officials.
- Illustrate strong critical thinking and writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables, charts, functions, etc.).
- This position requires effective time management, strong writing and communication skills, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and deliverables. The ideal candidate is a fast learner and team collaborator who will thrive in a demanding, results-driven environment.
What We Offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
Base Salary Range
$130,000 - $160,000 (compensation for this role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience that may fall outside of the range listed).
Total Compensation Package
Includes annualized bonus, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of additional benefits and perks.
Flexible Work Policy
Teneo believes in in-person collaboration when possible and if you are assigned to the New York, Washington D.C, San Francisco and Boston offices, the company expectation is for employees to work from the office location a minimum of three times a week.