Join the UK’s market leading Financial Advisory Restructuring Tax team and make a real difference on a range of high profile and dynamic transactions. Our Financial Advisory Restructuring Tax team specialises in providing tax advice on the restructuring of financially distressed businesses. They have built a fantastic track record in recent years, leading on some of Europe’s largest and most complex restructuring processes. These include debt restructuring transactions, debt-for-equity swaps, business reconstructions via Restructuring Plans, Schemes of Arrangement and CVAs, and insolvency appointments. The variety of work really stands out, as does the friendly and supportive nature of the team. The team has a great mix of UK and international transactions work and is looking to recruit a corporation tax specialist at Manager or Associate Director level to build on the existing business capability and target a number of exciting developments in the restructuring market. This role is primarily advisory focused but will have a small degree of compliance responsibility. This is a unique opportunity to get involved. The role is technically interesting and personally rewarding.
Your key areas of focus will include:
- Working directly with our financial advisory colleagues and external stakeholders including lenders, borrowers and legal advisors to understand the often complex commercial and legal requirements of each restructuring transaction;
- Developing a strategy for achieving the commercial aims in a tax efficient manner.
- Preparing reports setting out the steps necessary to meet the aims of the transaction;
- Advising insolvency practitioners involved in the restructuring on the tax consequences of their intended actions;
- Advising on the submission of appropriate tax returns or other documentation to tax authorities and liaising with them, as required;
- Supporting the business development activities of the team (you will have a broad scope to build relationships both internally and with key clients); and
- Contributing to the technical and personal development training of the broader team.
Key Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Strong UK tax technical skills;
- Strong communication, team playing and project management skills; and
- The ability to perform strongly under pressure.
Prior experience of transactions or insolvency processes is preferred but not essential.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits allowance
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.