Vice President, Strategy and Communications - Tokyo
As Teneo continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Vice President in Tokyo. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Vice President at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They act as the day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery. They have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor. Vice Presidents set high standards and provide quality control for all client work prior to sign-off where needed. They also create a positive team environment ensuring everyone has a clear role and opportunity to learn and develop.
- Provides day-to-day client team direction and management and acts as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Develop and manage communications plans and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Responsible for formulating strategic plans, press releases, memos, and distributed media materials; managing messages; and coordinating client program activities
- Contributes to new business lead development and pitches and plays an active role in growing clients organically
- Leads day-to-day client activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong client relationships across the organization
- Provides in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and ensures teams are fully briefed
- Demonstrates a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively shares knowledge with clients
- Keeps well informed and uses a broad range of sources to build opinion and ideas. Takes personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
- 8 - 12 years related experience in a similar environment within corporate communications, financial communications or media with a preference for experience within financial communications
- Experience working in a communications consulting or agency set up
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute multi-platform communications strategies
- A deep understanding and broad resources in media and media relations expertise
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining good relationships
- Bilingual with native Japanese and English fluency
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Finance is an advantage
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Have a strong appetite for global news and macroeconomic/finance events
- Ability to be confident, agile and proactive
- Be a team player
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.