Senior Consultant, Financial Advisory
We are looking to recruit a Senior Consultant into our Hong Kong Financial Advisory team, specifically to support the Restructuring and Insolvency practice. As a Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging engagements and will support the leadership team with client service. Our Hong Kong business is fully integrated with our Restructuring and Insolvency teams in the International Financial Centres (IFC) namely Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands and Bermuda, and therefore you will be part of the growing IFC team with exposure to cross-border engagements.
Teneo Financial Advisory
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
- Working on restructuring and insolvency engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior team members as required
- Supporting a portfolio of restructuring and insolvency appointments
- Assist with detailed financial and commercial analysis of businesses to identify key issues, challenges, opportunities and risks
- Assisting with receivership, liquidation, valuation analysis and modeling, financial advisory mandates
- Understanding the market, topical issues and our Restructuring propositions
- Presenting findings clearly in client / court reports
- Producing high quality deliverables within planned timescales
- Supporting and contributing to client presentations and wider advisory work
- Conducting industry and business research as required
Key Skills & Experience
- Business proficiency in English is essential and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) proficiency is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance-related subject
- 4 to 6 years of working experience in an accounting/audit/restructuring role
- Prior restructuring, insolvency, transaction or private markets experience gained in a professional services company is required
- ACCA/ACA/CPA qualifications or equivalent, preferred
- Financial analysis skills with ability to analyse financial statements and extract useful information from large sets of unorganised or incomplete data
- Possess strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service at all times
- Excellent communication, report writing and project management skills
- Flexibility to meet peak demands when required and prioritise workload
- Act with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other multinational corporations, financial institutions and organisations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial advisory and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.