Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40 offices around the world.
We are looking to hire a desktop support engineer based in our Hong Kong office to provide regional IT support. The role of Desktop Support is to provide 2nd line technical support to telephone requests and e-mails from all regional (and global) staff. They are to ensure that support issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately or escalated to the relevant members of the team as well as third parties. They will be an integral part of the team in undertaking projects necessary for the smooth running and progression of IT within the region and business.
- Provide second level technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all hardware, software, phones, AV equipment as well and associated peripherals
- Promptly respond to requests and cases from end users (both local and remote) by troubleshooting and/or researching and providing the appropriate resolution
- Develop and document internal IT processes and procedures
- Log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries
- Redirect or escalate support requests as appropriate to members of the team and third parties
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
- Deploy laptops/mobile devices and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards
- Provide training/answer questions to end users for adopting new technology/IT practices
- Work closely with other IT staff members globally to acquire additional technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Assist in the compilation of the support team’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- Excellent customer service skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Work and Outlook required
- Must be organized and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Some travel around the APAC region may be required throughout the year
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (desktop and server platforms - Windows 10/11 and Server 2012-2016)
- Networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, DHCP, DNS, switching and routing
- Some scripting experience, preferably with PowerShell
- Maintenance/monitoring of antivirus solutions and software packages (intune)
- Virtualization solutions (Hyper-V)
- CompTIA A+/Net+, CCNA, Microsoft, or related certification is a plus