Introduction to Teneo
Working exclusively with the CEO’s and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo (Middle East) is an exciting and fast-growing business with offices in Dubai, Riyadh and Doha. We are looking for a new member of our regional senior leadership team to play a pivotal role of Chief Operating Officer (COO) which is a new position for Teneo in the region.
The COO will lead our team of high performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the industry and consultancy market, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks to a senior leadership role. We believe this trajectory helps develop a unique mix of business and management expertise.
Key Responsibilities as COO
- Collaborate with the regional leadership team in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and resourcing requirements
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the senior leadership team
- Overall accountability for operations, people and talent recruitment and management
- Solve problems objectively using business analysis to identify issues, patterns and relationships and make data-driven recommendations.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, advisors and other stakeholders
- Optimise profitability of the business and support the budgeting process
- Professionalise business development tracking and forecasting with our global finance team
- Work in partnership with the global finance team to ensure the company achieves growth and profitability targets
- A key aspect of the role is to provide day to day talent recruitment and management support to the regional senior leadership team, with accountability for all people services, including senior recruitment planning, talent development strategy, building capability through professional development, annual performance management cycle, performance management, engagement, compensation, succession planning retention and all related project work.
- Determination of optimum resource deployment for the business
- Take the lead in promoting diversity, equality, inclusion, and wellbeing, in line with the firmwide diversity, equality and inclusion goals.
- Oversee all company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met
- Design and implement business processes to support the efficient and effective performance of the business
- Define requirements for technology and tools to support these processes
- Adhere to company and all regulatory requirements, ensuring compliance and taking action when necessary
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Liaison with Landlords and responsibility for lease commitments
- Ensure appropriate office space and configuration
- Manage support team to ensure vendors and subj-contractors are appropriately managed
- Work with regional leadership team to drive the regional marketing strategy and determine optimum range of marketing events and co-ordinate and manage budgets
- Ensure appropriateness of website and other digital media profiles for Teneo’s regional operations
- Deliver strategic and tactical projects in line with agreed annual objectives
- Bachelors or master’s degree in business administration or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Experience of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Experience of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly
- Experience of managing performance and People issues
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of advice and support for the business leaders
- Successfully and contemporaneously executes initiatives to support the strategic direction of the business.
- Can skillfully and confidently influence and negotiate and maintains a positive relationship with all parties during negotiations
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Creates an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Annual salary review
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance
Teneo is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
Teneo is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.