Strategy and Communications Advisory, Senior Vice President (Financial Communications)
Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo is seeking a Senior Vice President with native Cantonese language skills to join our team of consultants in the Hong Kong office.
The team works with some of the largest publicly listed and private companies globally, helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital markets audiences (investors, buy-side, sell-side analysts, and financial media). Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
- Serves as a trusted business advisor by influencing client direction in all areas of financial or transaction communications and investor relations
- Develops Teneo’s client strategies that create competitive advantage in the face of changing business, sector, and market conditions
- Demonstrates an understanding of key business drivers for current and potential clients and tailor’s communication or business strategies/solutions accordingly
- Develops complex financial communications programs
- Develops and presents recommendations based on financial analytics and modelling, research, strategic and creative thinking, with a credible point of view and perspective
- Makes complex decisions impacting colleagues and clients in a timely and transparent manner
- Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; leads Teneo to effectively respond to emerging client trends
- Works effectively with Teneo senior management to help identify senior client needs and works with other Teneo operating divisions to address them in an integrated team effort
- Native Cantonese language skills and business proficiency in English are essential
- A deep understanding and network with both local and regional business media
- Exceptional and demonstrated understanding of how strategy and business execution impact financial performance and value creation
- Ability to take complexity and translate effectively; a creative and strategic thinker in the area of reputation management, sees around corners, approaches communications from new angles
- Strong applied intellect and intellectual curiosity
- Up to speed with current local/regional/international business trends and stories
- Superior client relationship building and management skills
- Financial Acumen: capital markets, accounting and finance, financial modeling, extensive experience with reporting, financial disclosures, quarterly releases, shareholder activism and the regulatory landscape
- Executive Presence: gravitas, confidence, ability to present to a CEO (C-Suite leadership team)
- Effective Relationship Building: strong relationships with the investors and analysts, financial media a plus
- Leadership Skills: strong management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multiplatform strategies for clients while working with the client and Teneo account teams
- 11 - 15 years related experience in corporate communication and financial communication in a consultancy environment
- Bachelor’s degree, CFA and/or MBA preferred