Regulatory Compliance Services
We utilise our significant experience and expertise to support our clients with every type of regulatory requirement.
Given ever changing global regulations and enhanced scrutiny on businesses from regulators, we provide independent, up to date advice to our clients.
Our specialist team is widely experienced in advising on compliance, governance and disputes involving various business structures from multi-national corporations and joint ventures to small and medium-sized businesses.
Latest Financial Advisory Insights
Our Regulatory Compliance Services include:
- Anti-money laundering compliance.
- Money laundering reporting officer.
- Internal audit.
Anti-Money Laundering Compliance
Teneo’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experts are able to provide advice and assistance to our clients on the following matters:
- AML “health checks” to ensure your organization is in compliance with internal procedures as well as external rules and regulations.
- Gap analysis testing between local and global AML laws and regulations to ensure your policies and procedures are compliant.
- Tailored AML training to staff.
- Development of AML compliance remediation and an implementation roadmap to reduce financial, regulatory, reputational or operational risk.
Money Laundering Reporting Officer
All Cayman Islands domiciled funds and other entities performing “relevant financial business” are required to appoint a “natural person” to fulfil the role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO).
When considering who to appoint for these roles, The Cayman Islands Monetary Authority’s (CIMA’s) Guidance Notes on the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Proliferation Financing in the Cayman Islands (GN) state that the appointed person must:
- Be suitably qualified and experienced.
- Be a natural person, autonomous and independent.
- Have access to all relevant material in order to make an assessment as to whether the activity is or is not suspicious.
- Dedicate sufficient time for the efficient discharge of the MLRO function, particularly where the MLRO/DMLRO has other professional responsibilities.
- Be well versed in the different types of transactions which the Financial Service Provider handles and which may give rise to opportunities for money laundering.
Teneo’s team of experienced AML compliance professionals can take on these MLRO/DMLRO roles for our clients, freeing up your time and resources to more effectively manage your business. Furthermore, CIMA have clarified that it is permissible to outsource these roles to third parties in accordance with the GN.
Teneo can provide our clients with an outsourced internal audit function or assist with establishing your own internal audit function. Our team of professionals provide a diverse skill set, with experience in topics such as risk management, forensic investigations and regulatory compliance.
We will work with you to develop a plan that appropriately addresses the risks faced by your organisation, incorporating reviews of areas such as business continuity, data privacy, governance and oversight.
We are independent
Our style of working
Teneo refers to Teneo Holdings LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. Securities products and services are offered in the United States by Teneo Securities LLC, member of FINRA and SIPC.
Details of the entity providing services, legal and regulatory information in respect of the Teneo entity are also included in our engagement letters.
Specific information relating to our regulated entities which provide services to clients is detailed below:
|Registered Name||Legal Form||Registration Location and Reference||Registered Office||Data Protection||Regulator(s)||Professional Indemnity Insurance|
|Teneo Financial Advisory Limited||Limited Company||England & Wales, 13192958||5th Floor, 6 More London Place, London, SE1 2DA||UK - ZA920639||The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (“ICAEW”) C008873136. All insolvency practitioners are licenced by the ICAEW. ICAEW Designated Professional Body licence for a range of investment business activities.||Details of the professional indemnity insurer can be provided on request.|
|Teneo Securities LLC||Limited Liability Company||USA - Delaware||280 Park Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10017||N/A||Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) #151256. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).||Details of the professional indemnity insurer can be provided on request.|
Teneo Securities LLC’s Business Continuity Planning
Teneo Securities LLC has developed a Business Continuity Plan (“BCP”) on how we will respond to events that significantly disrupt our business. Since the timing and impact of disasters and disruptions is unpredictable, we will have to be flexible in responding to actual events as they occur. With that in mind, we are providing you with this information on our BCP.
The Firm has developed and installed a BCP in the case of any business disruption that causes the Firm to have limited or no communications with its employees or customers. Our plan anticipates two types of business disruptions, internal disruptions which affect only our Firm’s ability to do business (such as a fire in our building) and external disruptions that prevent the operation of securities markets or other firms (such as natural disasters or acts of war).
The Firm intends to stay in business during both internal and external disruptions due to the fact that the Firm employees can conduct Firm related business from alternate off-site physical locations and the Firm maintains an alternate location for the maintenance of its books and records. We anticipate that the Firm will recover from internal business disruptions within 24-48 hours. An outage due to an external business disruption may be longer and is beyond the control of the Firm. However, the Firm will endeavor to resume business as soon as it is possible for the Firm to establish business operations from alternate off-site physical locations.
The Firm’s BCP specifically addresses the following areas related to Firm operations:
- Data back-up and recovery (hard copy and electronic);
- All mission critical systems;
- Procedures to test and determine the Firm’s ability to do business (i.e., financial and operational assessments);
- Alternate communications between customers and the Firm;
- Alternate communications between the Firm and its employees;
- Alternate physical location of employees;
- Critical business constituent, bank, and counter-party impact;
- Regulatory reporting; and
- Communications with regulators.
If you have questions about our business continuity planning, you can contact us (212) 886-1600.