Jeffrey Stower is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in the Cayman Islands, having joined Teneo following its acquisition of KPMG’s Cayman Islands Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Jeff served as both Head of Restructuring and Head of Advisory for KPMG in the Cayman Islands, overseeing several service lines, including Restructuring, Risk Advisory and Forensic Technology.
Jeff has over 20 years of experience in Restructuring & Insolvency, the last 12 of which have been spent in the Cayman Islands with a focus primarily on the financial services industry. Jeff has a wealth of experience in both cross-border restructurings, inspectorships and insolvencies involving hedge funds, private equity funds, insurance companies, listed holding companies and a range of other offshore structures, acting in a variety of roles including appointments as official liquidator, provisional liquidator, voluntary liquidator and controller.
Jeff is a qualified insolvency practitioner in the Cayman Islands and is a Fellow of INSOL International.
Selected Project Experience
Jeff has played a central role in the following engagements:
- Latam Airlines Group S.A.: Appointment as Joint Provisional Liquidator to facilitate a cross-border restructuring involving a Chapter 11 process in the United States with concurrent proceedings in Latin America.
- Premier Assurance Group SPC Ltd.: Controllership appointment by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and subsequent court appointment as Provisional followed by Official Liquidator of a segregated portfolio company holding an unrestricted class B insurer’s license, offering both unit-linked life insurance and health insurance products.
- Premium Point Entities: Joint Official Liquidator of eight Cayman entities whose investment manager was investigated by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Liquidating Trustee pursuant to Delaware Law over onshore feeder funds.
- Luckin Coffee Inc.: Joint Official Liquidator over two special purpose vehicles incorporated in the Cayman Islands with shareholdings in Luckin Coffee Inc. Appointment as Joint Liquidator over two special purpose vehicles incorporated in the British Virgin Islands.
- Vantage Drilling Company: Joint Official Liquidator of offshore drilling group with circa US$2.7 billion in secured debt prior to completing a Chapter 11 process in the U.S.
- Global Partnership Fund, LP: A Members’ Voluntary Liquidation of an exempted limited partnership acting as a private- equity vehicle with investments located globally including India, Korea and the U.K.
- Ambow Education Group Limited: Cross-border restructuring of a NYSE-listed holding company in the Cayman Islands funding education services in the PRC via a VIE structure, facilitated by the appointment of Provisional Liquidators in the Cayman Islands and Hong Kong.
- SPhinX Group of Companies: Facilitating the conclusion of a high-profile liquidation of a complex group of hedge funds pursuant to a scheme of arrangement including resolution of claims and litigation in the Cayman Islands and United States and distribution of over US$200m to claimants.