Christopher Farmer is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in the BVI, having joined Teneo following its acquisition of KPMG’s BVI Restructuring business.
Prior to joining Teneo, Chris was a Director at KPMG in the BVI. Chris is a JIEB qualified FCA who has been part of the senior management team in the BVI since 2015 and has been working as a restructuring and insolvency specialist since 2006.
Chris has acted on, and managed some of the highest profile BVI Insolvency appointments of recent years and has considerable experience acting as both a Court appointed and out of Court receiver. In addition, Chris has delivered M&A, Transaction Advisory, Forensic and other advisory solutions for clients.
Chris has spoken on panels for both Insol International and the Turnaround and Management Association in South America.
Chris is a licensed insolvency practitioner in the BVI and former member of the RISA (BVI) Limited technical committee, the BVI’s INSOL member organisation.
Selected Project Experience
Chris’s restructuring and wider advisory experience includes being a Court appointed liquidator of BVI companies associated with China, Russia, South America, the UK, the US and other jurisdictions subject to multi-jurisdictional engagements, litigation, fraud, asset tracing and other complex matters.
- Court appointed voluntary liquidator of BVI companies subject to both foreign and local legal proceedings.
- Court appointed receiver of BVI companies for the purpose of securing, protecting and preserving assets, and to undertake the sale of those shares or assets in full or part satisfaction of outstanding liabilities.
- Out of court receiver over BVI companies appointed under security documents.
- Liquidation of a London market insurance company and implementation of scheme of arrangement and Part VII portfolio transfers.
- Led the Triage and Turnaround Advisory team for Australian boutique advisory firm focusing on distressed debt and special situations engagements. This work, together with other experience resulted in multiple independent business reviews, financial modelling, supply side reporting and restructuring plans, as well as multiple buy and sell side due diligence engagements including both financial and commercial reporting.
- Sell side and buy side M&A, IPO assistance, Transaction Advisory (financial and commercial due diligence engagements), and other advisory solutions, including the sale of a large UK-based insurance broker and the listing of a technology company on the ASX.
- Extensive experience providing contingency planning, options analysis and early exit strategies across a wide variety of sectors. Furthermore, KPMG’s BVI team has been named Insolvency Practice of the Year in the BVI Finance awards for 2019 and 2020.