Our European Debt Advisory team is expanding, and we are looking for a talented and ambitious individual at Director level with an advisory, banking or buyside background to join our growing team in London. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are looking to optimise their capital structures.
Our European Debt Advisory practice assists companies with raising or refinancing debt. Our key differentiator is our independence, investor experience and diverse lender network. Our flexible approach means you will be presented with a diverse selection of transactions, ensuring you develop a varied transaction skill set. Recent transaction types include; buy-side and sell-side debt advisory, stressed refinancing, covenant resets, and complex balance sheet optimisation. We also work closely with our restructuring colleagues and are seamlessly linked into the wider Teneo network across multiple jurisdictions.
As a Director you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing junior staff and supporting the Senior Managing Directors and Managing Directors in client-facing delivery.
- Managing specific workstreams on debt advisory engagements on a day-to-day basis
- Project managing parts/all of an engagement, providing support to the Senior Managing Director / Managing Director in managing external stakeholders as well as managing Debt Advisory and other service line teams involved
- Supporting management teams in preparing and challenging business plans
- Developing, analysing and presenting financing options
- Liaising with the Company’s lawyers to understand key aspects of legal documentation and also drive any documentation processes (term sheets, waivers, loan documentation etc.)
- Managing teams and creating effective delegation and development opportunities for individual team members
- Understanding and actively managing the Company’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements
- Actively support business development activities using your own contact network as well as supporting Senior Managing Director-led marketing and sales activities
- Identify and pursue potential opportunities using your own network as well as participating in existing business development programmes and key client account coverage
- Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients
- Lead marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events
- Actively support practice and talent development
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring
- Support wider FA training initiatives
Key Skills & Experience
- Broad financial structuring experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services company, consultancy or investment bank; as an analyst in a debt or special situations fund;
- Strong understanding of debt markets, banking, loan agreements and other relevant financial and legal documentation
- Good understanding of the financial marketplace, its trends and key players (principals and advisers)
- A developed network of relevant contacts in the market
- Very strong analytical skills, including: business analytics, business planning, short term cash flows, financing options.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading teams and providing advice to clients in difficult situations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead teams and develop people
- Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours, always putting the client at the centre
- Flexibility to transfer skills into complementary offerings such as Restructuring or Turnaround and Performance Improvement if market conditions change
- Ambition to learn and develop further
What can we offer you?
- Market-leading salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits allowance
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each client and set of circumstances.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.