Manager, Management Consulting
The Management Consulting Team at Teneo
Our Management Consulting division focuses on answering key strategic questions for business and public-sector leaders through our mix of senior experience and rigorous analysis, combined with the unique expertise that exists across Teneo. We operate across a diverse array of sectors including Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Leisure & Hospitality, Software, Transport, and TMT, amongst others. Within these markets, we provide strategic, operational, and due diligence support, advising reputable FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 firms, key public-sector organisations, and leading private equity houses.
As a Manager you’ll be an accomplished, consistent, effective member of the Teneo Consulting team whose focus is managing cases with the support of Managing Directors as well as supporting junior members of the team;
- Provide solid case delivery and work stream management and leadership across: Research, Analysis and Insight, Technical Skills and Case Delivery
- Manage multiple cases at the same time ensuring a consistent, exceptional delivery on all of these
- Demonstrate the complete case skill set required in terms of insightful thinking, experience, and knowledge across all competency areas
- Lead discrete workstreams and manage smaller cases directly with Manager, Director or Managing Director support
- Have a proven ability to manage (both down and across) multiple discrete work streams – plan the work for the team, whilst translating and incorporating Managing Director views and requirements
- Develops the “answer” from initial hypothesis through refinement and validation
- Manage case/workstream team on a day-to-day basis, delegating and planning workload whilst also providing coaching support
- Be involved in aspects of Business Development alongside Senior Managers and Managing Directors
- Ability to handle day-to-day liaison with client team, empathising with client issues and escalating concerns where appropriate
- Lead on presentations of conclusions confidently and engagingly and/or present the output to the client
- Build on client relationships and actively coaches team members.
Key Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience ideally within a Consulting environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Highly logical and numerate, with excellent communication skills and creativity
- Evidence of leadership, ambition, and teamwork alongside relevant work experience
- Degree Qualified (2.1 or above preferred) in any degree discipline
- Operates at a fast pace, demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed
- Creates an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Can skillfully and confidently influence and negotiate and maintains a positive relationship with all parties during negotiations
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Working knowledge of a major European language is an advantage but not essential
- Specialisation is not expected, however preference will be considered in allocation process (where competence is consistent across all sectors)
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the firm.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and rewards including;
- Competitive salary (depends on experience)
- 25 days holiday, in addition to three discretionary days, plus UK bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.