Vice President, People Advisory - Australia
Teneo People Advisory
Global complexity is transforming the way we live, work and relate. Teneo’s People Advisory team helps leaders navigate and embrace these changes in the most vital area – their people!
In August 2021, AWPeople was acquired by Teneo to form the Asia Pacific arm of Teneo’s newly established global People Advisory practice.
Our global People Advisory team includes more than 70 professionals across Asia Pacific, UK, and the USA, covering, people strategy, executive search, board search effectiveness, and organisational performance.
In Asia Pacific, we service all major cities and business centres across the region’s commercial hubs including Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, and Hong Kong, and bring an excellent track record for placing roles in new markets in the region. We have partnered with, and placed roles for, ASX, SGX, HKEX, LSE, NASDAQ listed organisations, as well as federal and state governments and private enterprises globally, through our regional and global searches.
We continue to work with CEOs, Boards, and executive leaders to design comprehensive, forward-looking strategies that attract, retain, and position their people to power future business growth.
Teneo People Advisory is one of Teneo’s five core business practices, established to support leaders navigate and embrace the changing macro environment via their people.
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We advise business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Every leader needs a trusted team of advisors as they navigate a rapidly changing world. Drawing upon our global team and expansive network, we provide fully integrated advisory services to help clients solve complex business challenges and achieve their goals. Companies are now judged on the total value they provide to individuals and society, rather than on financial returns alone.
With over 1,500 subject matter experts located around 40 offices, the breadth of our offering and our ability to provide bespoke and seamless advisory services, on either a standalone or integrated basis, makes us truly unique.
We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines.
We are built by design to be different.
This role will play an important part in the growth of the executive search business across Australia and the broader APAC region.
A Vice President at Teneo plays an important role in the growth of the business’ reputation and supports revenue and profitability for retained executive search and talent advisory solutions at the C-Suite and executive level.
A Vice President at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They set high standards and provide quality control for all client work. They also enable a positive team environment, ensuring everyone has a clear role and opportunity to learn and develop.
Practice Sector Growth
- Support the executive search and people advisory offering including, functional best practice structure, and partner with the Teneo consulting business where required to bring value to clients
- Execute a business development plan with clear client targets and agreed revenue targets (individual and business)
- Drive organic and new business growth, and proactively identify opportunities to sell our differentiated approach
- Serve as a business advisor by influencing client direction, as appropriate, to strengthen long-term relationships and lead on the retention and organic growth of client accounts
- Actively execute and manage the retained search process for assignments through screening calls, interviews, candidate status calls and candidate meetings.
- Lead day-to-day client and candidate activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong relationships across the organisation
- Provide in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and ensure teams are fully briefed
- Ensure consistency across executive search service delivery by utilising internal systems and processes for the development of proposals, talent maps, candidate screening and interviewing, preparation of candidate longlists and shortlists, candidate assessments and candidate reference reports
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively share knowledge with clients
- Keep well informed and use a broad range of sources to build opinions and ideas
- Take personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
- Write, review, and edit client deliverables such as position specifications, talent maps, candidate reports, and status reports
- Ensure superior candidate and client experience throughout the course of a search/assignment
Research and Talent Management
- Support brand positioning and client service by procuring, maintaining, and managing our “best in class” talent pool, so that our clients have access to the best future leaders
- Stay abreast of market trends, business intelligence, and competitor information
- Play a significant role in the APAC People Advisory business, whilst being part of a community of likeminded ambitious and authentic professionals
- Access to the Teneo platform, and global best practice thinking in People Advisory, and all things that impact the reputation and sustainability of corporations globally
- Proven experience, in a similar role, coordinating executive recruitment/search activities, ideally from a high-touch consulting and customer centric environment
- Mature professional profile as a practitioner and or demonstrated knowledge/established reputation in the disciplines of general management, marketing, communications, or business
- Demonstrated maturity and interest in developing and growing products and services to meet market opportunities
- Exemplary account management and/or relationship management capabilities
- Sound written communication skills including general business correspondence and report writing
- Exposure to the use of ATS and CRM and/or similar database systems, as well as the Microsoft365 suite
- (Highly desirable) undergraduate and or post graduate qualifications in business, commerce, marketing, or communications
- You demonstrate a savvy entrepreneurial spirit, with a belief in “anything is possible!"
- Bring a genuine commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated a strong focus towards client and stakeholder management and building good relationships
- A level head and maturity to ensure situations are always managed in a calm and professional manner
- Present with drive, initiative, as well as being a motivated self-starter
- Bring high attention to detail and demonstrates accountability for their work
- Excellent organisational skills, together with an ability to juggle multiple projects effectively
- Unflappable with discretion, and sound judgement
- Confident, agile and proactive
- Strong work ethic, high standards and facilitates a culture of openness and trust
- Comfortable with working across different time zones and collaborating with team members across locations and business lines