Consultant, Strategy and Communications – Tokyo
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific and within Japan, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Consultant in Tokyo. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
- Day-to-day coordination and management of client strategy and communications.
- Monitoring and collating targeted industry intelligence, including media and analyst coverage;
- Supporting client leads with research and preparation of strategy and briefing materials;
- Supporting in the development of client deliverables including communications strategies, key messaging, Q&A documents, presentations and speeches;
- Establishment of comprehensive understanding of Teneo’s full breadth of offerings and ongoing development as ‘subject matter expert’ in critical areas;
- Develop market and policy analysis as well as research report development
- Supporting the senior leadership to identify business growth opportunities;
- Building an internal peer-level network within Teneo across our global offices around the world to support professional development and business growth; and
- Developing a network of external stakeholders across media, industry and the investment community.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in business, journalism, communications, public policy, finance or economics. A postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- 1-2 years’ experience in corporate & financial communications, banking / financial services, management consulting or public policy is preferable;
- Possessing excellent verbal and written skills in English and Japanese
- Familiarity with social media platform management (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) is an added advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel;
- International experience (study and / or work) a plus;
- Have a strong appetite for geopolitics, macroeconomic / finance events;
- Candidate needs to be confident, mature and professional. Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude and being a team player is essential;
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role.