This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced People Advisor looking for the next step in their career. The People Advisor is a generalist position working closely with the Senior People Partner and People Coordinator in our Financial Advisory part of the business. This is a Global client facing role and whilst primarily will be supporting our UK Financial Advisory business which has 11 offices across the UK, the role will have a Global remit, supporting the strategic global growth of the business. The People Advisor will be responsible for building strong and dynamic relationships to be seen as a trusted partner providing effective and proactive advisory advice to both individuals and teams. The People Advisor will act as an Employee Champion, driving engagement and reflecting the Firm’s culture and values.
This position could be full-time or part time.
The responsibilities listed below are intended to be a broad but not exhaustive list.
About the role
- Work closely with the Senior People Partner, People Coordinator and Talent Development Partner supporting the Financial Advisory business and part of the People Operations team
- Work within the People Operations team on people operations, systems, analytics, reporting, notably on the continued development of workday to further improve reporting on People Analytics
- Management of Employee Relations cases, alongside the Senior People Partner across the business from an end-to-end delivery perspective including final outcomes, whilst ensuring the firms compliance with employment legislation
- Support and mentor the People Coordinator, to provide advice on and resolving employee and manager queries (e.g., probation reviews, policy advice, sickness absence, parental leave, disciplinary, grievance)
- Support the Senior People Partner and CFO (Chief Financial Officer) in running a seamless performance review and reward cycle.
- Play a key role in developing the reputation of the People Team as a proactive, innovative, and strategic function, ensuring people decisions are made consistently and fairly.
- Deal with people requests promptly, managing people’s expectations on speed of response.
- Work with the local People support across all Global Financial Advisory offices to actively support our transition to a globally aligned Financial Advisory talent service offering, both current offices, future organic growth, and growth via acquisitions.
- Key People / HR contact in offices without local specialist support outside the UK (e.g., the Caribbean, c 35 employees)
- Support the opening of global offices from an HR perspective including developing an understanding of relevant employment law (with the support of specialists where needed), benefits and aligning our employee lifecycle in these countries as appropriate.
- Review the current Onboarding process within Financial Advisory, alongside the Senior People Partner and People Coordinator to ensure a smooth onboarding and employee experience which will be an aligned process across all global Financial Advisory offices
- Support on the development of strategic workforce planning globally, alongside the Senior People Partner, CFO and Talent Acquisition team
- Arrange and undertake exit interviews for employees, alongside the People Coordinator, including collation and analysis of trend data, reporting your findings to the Senior People Partner.
- Work closely with the Senior People Partner and FA Leadership to understand the business context and progress initiatives to address employee engagement and Diversity initiatives
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the HR service to the business, look for and make improvements to our processes to ensure they are efficient and ensure we are providing excellent client service
- Alongside the People Coordinator, provide timely communications to the relevant teams, and where appropriate firmwide (e.g. Joiners, leavers, absence, maternity return etc)
- Contribute towards providing meaningful analytics to enable business improvement (e.g. exit interview summaries, absence data, headcount reports, start and leaver reports).
- Work closely with the People Coordinator and the People Operations team to ensure a seamless process in relation to all HR administration.
- Support the Global Mobility programme and cross office working in Financial Advisory including developing best practice and fair compensation packages
- Project Manage the development of Financial Advisory SharePoint or Hub sites for employees to improve the employee experience, alongside the Learning Advisor.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within at HR Advisory level including Employee Relations & HR Policy and up to date understanding of UK employment legislation to appropriately advise and lead on performance and ER cases.
- Experience in report building, analytics & operations, with a strong attention to detail ensuring all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error.
- The ability and desire to work autonomously, working with senior level stakeholders globally, with support for development into People Partner level.
- Operates at a fast pace demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Acts with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of human resource advice and support for the senior management team.
- Creates an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others.
- Actively participates in continual professional development and keeps up to date with trends, technology and potential future policies affecting the firm and our people including any relevant statutory changes in employment law.
- Can skilfully and confidently influence and negotiate and maintains a positive relationship with all parties during negotiations.
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- The ability and desire to work in an environment of ambiguity, often symptomatic of a rapidly growing global business.
- Desire to grow into a Global People / HR specialist and the drive to increase knowledge of international legislation.
- International HR experience would be beneficial including working in a global matrix organisation.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and parental leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We are an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance), DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we are proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity, and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office: remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams, and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.
The People Team at Teneo
As a People Advisor within Teneo you will support on the development and implementation of people initiatives across our business.
This role is an integral part of a collegiate, ambitious, and highly professional Global People team that aims to always drive innovation, efficiencies, and progressive people solutions to ensure we continue to be an employer of choice.
Within this role you will demonstrate extensive Performance Management & ER knowledge, drive process changes and efficiencies and make decisions in a timely manner that are logical, rational, and well-reasoned as well as be a collaborator across the wider People team function.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors, and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fall-back plans to protect value, or helping to shape and affect a restructuring