We are actively recruiting for Summer 2023 full-time starts
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
The Media Analyst supports and informs Teneo client teams with analysis and monitoring of traditional and social media research projects and analysis. S/he will be integrated into client teams, supervised by senior account managers and responsible for translating media coverage into business insights. In addition to daily and issues-based real-time media monitoring, Media Analysts help to identify and/or research new business opportunities. Media Analysts should be highly motivated and dedicated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and keen critical thinking skills.
Media Analysts are expected to remain in the position for 12 to 18 months. After this time, successful Media Analysts move into roles within our Strategy & Communication, Management Consulting, Risk or Capital teams.
Our charter calls upon us to:
Serve clients with the highest levels of trust, professionalism and integrity
Attempt to do something extraordinary for our clients every day
Anticipate client issues and needs
Get it right the first time
- Monitor traditional and social media for clients, competitors and related events using a variety of inputs and tools
- Compile daily media reports, analyze and summarize coverage and flag important articles and issues to client teams in real-time
- Analyze social media conversations, events and trends and be able to translate this analysis into succinct business insights
- Ensure daily reports and ongoing monitoring is delivered on a timely basis
- Provide client team support, attend internal meetings to gain understanding of the key issues and seek feedback from account leaders on a regular basis
- Conduct in-depth research on topics of importance to clients
- Create research briefings on specific topic areas and issues
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Teneo’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Critical thinkers who are eager to learn, detail-oriented and possess strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Team players with ability to juggle multiple assignments and work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and interest in current events, capital markets
- A basic understanding of social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with media databases and social media analytics tools is a plus (e.g. Factiva, Gorkana, Tveyes, Cision, Brandwatch, Factiva, etc.)
- Suggested work experience: 0-2 years’ experience
- Able and willing to work early mornings, starting at 6:00/6:30am to start media monitoring, when necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What we offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
Base Salary: $70,000.
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Total Compensation Package: Includes annualized bonus, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of additional benefits and perks.