The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of business change, transformation, reorganisation, and financial stress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to enhance or restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst uncertainty. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of transformation, uncertainty, and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to business reorganisation, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside our established team who will support you to utilise and enhance your advisory skills and experience. You will work alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the field advising the boards, management teams, lenders and shareholders of companies which are undergoing transformation or need to execute on value creation initiatives.
We see a significant opportunity to grow our restructuring proposition in the Insurance sector. We are looking for senior advisors who are experienced in delivering complex projects in the Insurance industry. As a Director [or Assistant Director, depending on your experience] you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of engagements across all sectors, with plenty of responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing junior staff and supporting Senior Leadership in client-facing delivery.
- Working alongside senior management to develop and grow our restructuring business in the Insurance sector
- Project managing restructuring engagements, providing support to senior leadership managing external stakeholders as well as managing your team, client teams, and other advisors
- Supporting client management teams in preparing and challenging their financial, restructuring, and project plans
- Developing, analysing and presenting restructuring options using input from other teams, e.g. strategy or tax analysis
- Managing small teams and creating effective delegation and development opportunities for individual team members
- Understanding and actively managing the Teneo Restructuring’s risk from take-on through to completion of engagements and appointments
- Actively support business development activities using your own contact network as well as supporting marketing and sales activities
- Identify and pursue potential opportunities using your own network as well as participating in existing business development programmes and key client accounts
- Identify opportunities to expand our role and identify opportunities to provide wider company services to existing clients
- Lead marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events
- Actively support practice and talent development
- Provide on-job coaching and development to staff
- Develop junior staff outside of jobs through appraising and mentoring
- Support wider business training initiatives
Key Skills & Experience
- Significant and broad experience in the Insurance sector. This experience is likely to be in the General Insurance sector, but experience in the Life Insurance sector is also relevant.
- Experience gained either as an advisor within a professional services company, consultancy or investment bank; as an analyst in a debt or special situations fund;
- An existing and developing network of relevant contacts in the Insurance industry
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading clients/ providing advice in difficult situations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead teams and develop people
- Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours, always putting the client at the centre
- Flexibility to apply skills across all restructuring services
- Ambition to learn and develop further
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities