Working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Globally, our clients include a significant number of Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies and major global corporations.
In Brussels, our client base spans industry sectors, and we work with the leadership of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies in the world, helping to shape company narratives and influence the political and policy environment in which they operate.
With an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams and offices including in Paris, Frankfurt, London, Washington and New York.
We are looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant with minimum 3-5 years’ experience in EU public affairs and communications, to join our dynamic and growing team at Teneo Brussels.
Broad understanding of the financial services sector is essential for the role. Experience working in the European Parliament is an advantage.
A Consultant/Senior Consultant at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They are expected to create a positive environment on their client teams and coordinate, together with other team members, strategic support for a number of high-profile clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Client focus: coordinating daily activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong relationships across a number of client accounts
- Issues expertise and insights: providing in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries, and political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Team management: providing day-to-day client team direction and acting as a coach and mentor for junior colleagues across teams
- Business growth: contributing to new business lead development and pitches and playing an active role in growing existing clients
- At least 3-5 years of full-time professional experience in public affairs and/or communications in the EU institutions, consultancy, an industry association or an in-house role
- Sound understanding of EU political processes, keeping well-informed on the latest political developments
- Strong knowledge of regulation and policy discussions related to the financial services sector
- Excellent drafting and communication skills and ability to think strategically, act independently and inspire others
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Excellent networking skills and client (or internal stakeholder) handling skills
- Fluent English and ability to work in at last one other official EU language