Give your career the green light with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Teneo. Our unique culture and accessible leadership encourage personal initiative and reward innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender, or culture, you will make more of your career at Teneo.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Restructuring Services team. You will be working in the Cash and Treasury Management team on insolvency appointments managed by Teneo Financial Advisory in the UK.
We are seeking candidates with an Insolvency cashiering or broad financial and accounting background, who are willing to develop new skills to support the management of insolvency cases. You will be responsible for ensuring that critical Treasury and Cash Management tasks are completed accurately, efficiently and on time. You will need to be flexible and adaptable and able to deal with peaks in work activity at short notice and able to prioritise competing demands. You will get the opportunity to work with many other team members and support them in managing their insolvency cases.
Comprehensive training will be given in order for you to be able to complete this role.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of Financial Advisory, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global Financial Advisory team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to Financial Advisory, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
As an Associate Consultant in the team you will be responsible for:
Assisting case Cashiers with:
- Completing of transactions on TPS.
- Making FX adjustments on transactions
- Downloading of receipt reports and raising direct receipt transactions,
- Preparing, validating and importing of data onto the banking systems;
- Filing of relevant supporting documents in our document management system and link to the appropriate transaction on the TPS system;
- Assisting cashiers with ad-hoc, treasury-related queries
- Cheque logging
- Monitoring and completion of diary lines;
- Assisting with review of supplier/creditor bank details to prevent fraud and money laundering activities on our banking platform
- Learning and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant software systems and processes including IPS, TPS, document management systems and relevant banking platforms;
- You will be reporting to the head of Cash and Treasury Management;
- Providing support and assistance with all practitioner queries; and
- Ensuring all processes are dealt with within the relevant policies, guidelines and timeframes.
Key Skills & Experience
We are seeking candidates with the following capabilities and experience:
- Experience of working in the finance function of a corporate or professional services firm, in particular managing cash, banking and payment processing would be preferred
- A good understanding of double-entry book-keeping and cash book systems and accounting generally;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong IT skills, including experience with accounting software and MS Excel
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly with bespoke financial accounting systems;
- A good understanding of generic software systems including MS Word, Outlook and Excel in particular;
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service at all times;
- Flexibility to meet peak demands when required; and
- An ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme. As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Cash benefits allowance
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.