This is a unique opportunity for you – a driven and talented financial modeller – to join the Financial Modelling & Analytics Group within our restructuring team at Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm.
You will be working on large and complex cross-team assignments, where your output will be essential to the overall success of the project. Benefiting from high levels of exposure to blue chip clients, ranging from private equity to corporates to public sector, you will have the opportunity to expand your existing skills into a full business modelling offering.
The team is responsible for producing and reviewing models for the entire Teneo restructuring business, including, but not limited to:
- Business plan forecasts
- Capital structure modelling
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and valuation forecasts
- Entity priority models/liquidation analyses
- Short-term cash flows
- Strategic options modelling
- Mergers & acquisitions/Carve-out & divestment
- Working capital and cash flow management
- Cost reduction programmes
Members are expected to be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse teams across the business, often to tight deadlines and with potentially limited client data sets.
Key Skills & Experience
- Fully ACA qualified (or equivalent), ideally with first-time passes, or able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in financial modelling roles, supporting key clients and projects, in addition to other finance and consulting work
- Strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent MS Excel and data manipulation competencies – other relevant technical analytical and database skills (e.g. VBA, Access, SQL, Python, Anaplan, data visualisation software) are desirable but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly around explaining modelling concepts to a non-modelling audience
- Previous experience in financial and operational restructuring is advantageous but not essential – you will receive training as part of the role
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and develop both technical skills and an understanding of business
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Demonstrate an effective approach to time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines with potentially limited data sets
- Be client focussed with the ability to establish strong working relationships
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.