Teneo is a global advisory firm that works exclusively with the CEO and leaders of the world’s largest and most complex companies, providing strategic counsel across their full array of key objectives and issues. Our teams integrate the disciplines of strategic communications, investment banking, management consulting, corporate governance, risk, and government affairs to solve the most complex business and reputational challenges.
Teneo Risk Advisory is one of five business segments within Teneo, alongside Strategy and communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, and People Advisory. We are focused on offering CEOs and management teams a holistic approach to identifying, managing, and mitigating operational, reputational, event, and strategic risks to their businesses.
The business segment, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors, and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health, and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds equip us to address a myriad of internal and external threats that CEOs must navigate daily.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are Risk Intelligence, Resilience Advisory, Crisis Preparedness and Response, and Cyber Security Risk Management.
An Associate within Teneo Risk Advisory is a core team member, leveraging project management and consulting experience in supporting and developing critical client deliverables. As an Associate, you are responsible for working with the Risk Advisory team to create internal division management deliverables, project plans, project tracking mechanisms, and other critical client-facing deliverables as part of our risk intelligence and resilience advisory mandates. The Associate will also have an opportunity to work on client teams to deliver client work, including threat assessments, threat intelligence briefings, risk management recommendations, or other deliverables related to project execution. The primary focus areas of this role will consist of conducting resilience risk assessments to identify an organization's critical threats and vulnerabilities, building and modifying bespoke corporate security and crisis management governance programs, and supporting the onboarding and training of these plans. As part of this effort, you will attend key team and client meetings to better understand the client’s business operations and threat landscape.
We work directly with CEOs of major global corporations and their leadership teams, including a large percentage of Fortune 100 firms, on some of the highest-profile strategic engagements; we hold our people and work to the highest standard.
- Develop physical security risk assessments for client assets, travel plans, and high-profile public events.
- Research and analyze content from open sources, including social media and digital platforms, as well as proprietary intelligence applications; produce concise, high-quality written analysis for a range of products focused on physical and reputational risk to individual clients.
- Analyze both physical and cyber emerging threats, resiliency trends and models across various industry verticals, and advances in technology or risk management methodology to support our client work and operations.
- Undertake scenario planning and other structured analytic techniques to help clients anticipate potential security and reputational risks and proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Support the creation of enterprise security risk management and corporate security governance programs by developing bespoke standards, policies, and procedures for individual clients.
- Establish training curriculums to embed customized security governance programs across client enterprises.
- Assist project teams with monitoring and analyzing emerging threats, working with project leads to understand how threats might impact our clients in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience as a consultant or intelligence/risk professional in either private or public-sector security; candidates should have at least one year of experience operating in a corporate environment.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier college or university.
- Prior experience with a management consulting firm or security risk management consulting firm is desirable.
- A strong understanding of international and domestic threat actors, including terrorist and extremist groups, cyber threat actors, and the geopolitical threat landscape is preferred.
- Experience working in corporate security in the technology, corporate real estate, or financial services industries.
- Understanding of the principles of enterprise security risk management.
- Experience in and desire and dedication to delivering project deliverables and meeting milestones.
- Critical to this position are strong writing and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and deliverables.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions through to resolution.
- Maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and is naturally innovative – in ideas, approaches, products, etc. and approaches complex issues with intellectual rigor and good judgment.
- Professional certifications, such as RIMS’ CRMP or ASIS International’s APP/CPP, are preferred.
What We Offer
As a Teneo employee, you'll enjoy unique benefits including flexible time off policy; medical, dental, and vision coverage; long-term disability, and life insurance; a 401K plan; commuter benefits; team events; snacks; and other perks.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.
Base Salary Range
$80,000 - $100,000 (compensation for this role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience that may fall outside of the range listed).
Total Compensation Package
Includes annualized bonus, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of additional benefits and perks.
Flexible Work Policy
Teneo believes in in-person collaboration when possible and if you are assigned to the New York, Washington D.C, San Francisco and Boston offices, the company expectation is for employees to work from the office location a minimum of three times a week.