Doug Band is a co-founder and President of Teneo.
Doug began working in the White House in 1995, serving in the White House Counsel’s office for four years and later in the Oval Office as the President’s Aide. In 1999, he was appointed by President Clinton as a Special Assistant to the President before he was made one of the youngest Deputy Assistants ever to serve a President.
Doug served as President Clinton’s chief advisor from 2002 until 2011, advising him as the Counselor to the President, and was the key architect of Clinton’s post-Presidency. He created and built the Clinton Global Initiative, which has raised $69 billion for 2,100 philanthropic initiatives around the world and impacted over 430 million people in 180 countries.
Doug has traveled to 125 countries and to over 2,000 cities. In the Summer of 2009, he traveled to North Korea with President Clinton to orchestrate and secure the release of two American journalists. He also traveled to Cuba on behalf of the United States to free Alan Gross.
Additionally, he has been involved in other negotiations to free and help Americans held around the world. He has assisted in the rebuilding of nations and regions after some of the worst natural disasters in the past two decades, including New Orleans, Haiti, Southeast Asia, and Gujarat, India.
Doug has advised several heads of state, governors and mayors transition out of public office into private life. He continues to serve his country in assisting various domestic agencies and advising foreign governments on nation-building, infrastructure creation and democratic governance structure.
Doug graduated from the University of Florida in 1995 and while working at the White House for six years, he simultaneously obtained a masters and a law degree from Georgetown University by attending both programs in the evenings.
Doug lives in New York City with his wife Lily and their four children.
Related Service Areas
Memberships & Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor, New York University
- Board of Directors, New York City FC
- Board of Directors, StudentsFirstNY
- Board of Directors, University of Florida Foundation
- Board of Regents, Georgetown University
- Former Member of the Advisory Board, VoteVets
- Former Member of the America’s Cup Organizing Committee
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Clinton Foundation Sweden
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Clinton Global Initiative
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Humana Challenge
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, United States Bid Committee for the World Cup
- Former Member of the International Advisory Board, The Coca-Cola Company
- Former Trustee, Center for American Progress
- Trustee, The Boy’s Club of New York
- Trustee, The First Tee of Metropolitan New York
- Trustee, The Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum