Alex Adam is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in Guernsey, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Alex has 18 years of financial services experience within Deloitte in the Channel Islands, London and Shanghai.
Over the last 10 years, Alex has grown a broad advisory business in the Crown Dependencies with a focus on Insolvency, Investigations, Regulation and Transactions in the investment management and private wealth sectors.
Alex holds senior relationships at each of the financial services regulators in Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man, the key offshore lawyers and has CxO relationships in banks and corporate service providers managing $’tn through structures domiciled in his markets.
He is a UK qualified insolvency practitioner, a CFA Charterholder and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales; Alex also speaks Mandarin Chinese.
Selected Project Experience
- Led the multi year wind down of a tier 1 bank’s regulated trust company which was under regulatory investigation for financial crime and other issues. Ran the PMO reporting to the responsible country executive, line of business and regional leadership stakeholders. Undertook the review and remediation activity across the business under a high level of regulatory oversight. Subsequently supported the finalisation of regulatory sanctioning including liaison with bank global leadership. Currently liquidating the residual business with a number of litigation matters and continuing to engage with regulators around sanctioning of former directors.
- Appointed by the Guernsey regulator as administrator to investigate a potential ponzi scheme. Subsequently appointed across Guernsey, Jersey and UK subsidiaries. Investigations connected to global investor losses of >$150m. SEC action in the US, Miami based ringleader jailed for 20 years. Jersey director jailed for 7 years for fraud. Guernsey criminal and regulatory investigations ongoing. Currently litigating against Guernsey based ‘big 4’ auditor backed by litigation funding.
- Appointed by IOM regulator to investigate and then as court liquidator of a bridge financing fund. Negotiated and concluded complex realisation over disputed assets. Currently in landmark litigation in the IOM against the regulated manager with funding provided by the IOM treasury.
- Investigation and reconstruction of Trustee records identifying potential market manipulation and tax evasion by high profile UHNW individuals over a 20 year period. Liaising with law enforcement, regulators and tax authorities. Work undertaken for the Trustee allowed the business to trade out and survive.
- Reporting accountant on numerous London listed investment funds, including the largest ever London fund IPO.