Rob Harding is a Senior Managing Director with Teneo in London, having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Rob leads our National Private Markets Restructuring business (including the Special Situations M&A team). He has a focus on Accelerated M&A, which involves working with a variety of clients (both sellers and buyers) to secure successful going concern outcomes in situations where a full traditional M&A process may not be possible, utilising insolvency as a delivery mechanism if and when required.
Rob has 21 years of experience working in the restructuring arena, the last 20 spent with Deloitte in the Restructuring Services team in London. Rob advises a variety of stakeholders in stressed and distressed situations (principally corporates, Lenders and directors)
Rob is FCA qualified, a member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments and a licensed UK insolvency practitioner.
Selected Project Experience
- Lex Topco (Restructuring Moratorium, Real Estate) – Joint Monitor. Successful solvent refinancing and recapitalisation of £280m of debt – first high profile use of the new restructuring moratorium
- Arcadia Group (Administration, Retail) – lead sell side M&A adviser. Sale of all brands to leading “pure play” retailers (ASOS and Boohoo)
- Victoria’s Secret (Administration, Retail) – Administrator and lead sell side M&A adviser. Facilitated successful JV between L Brands and Next plc, full restructuring of real estate portfolio and solvent exit from administration
- Project ICE (Advisory, Financial Services) – adviser to the board
- Project Mew (Advisory, Social Care) – adviser to the board, solvent restructuring
- Project Presley (Advisory, Tourism) – adviser to the bank in relation to a solvent restructuring
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen (Administration, Casual Dining) – Administrator. Successful “pre-pack” sale to strategic buyer
- Oak Furnitureland (Administration, Retail) – Administrator and lead sell side M&A Adviser. Successful debt sale and pre-pack disposal to DK Partners
- Four Seasons Health Care (Advisory, Social Care). Advice to the CQC (UK regulator) in relation to the second largest provider of social care in the UK
- Intelligent Energy Plc (Advisory, Clean Energy). Adviser to the board and lead sell side M&A adviser – solvent sale of the business to a connected party
- Raphael Healthcare (Administration, Social Care) – Administrator. Sale of group of specialist brain injury hospitals
- Regis / Supercuts (Administration, Consumer Products) – Administrator. Sale of a chain of UK based hair dressing salons
- UK Windows (Administration, Building Products). Administrator and lead sell side adviser. Pre-pack sale to connected party
- Oasis and Warehouse (Administration, Retail) – Administrator. Sale of brands
- Adelie Foods (Administration, Consumer business) – Administrator and lead sell side adviser. Sale of brand to strategic acquirer
- Karen Millen Fashions (Administration, Retail) – Administrator and lead sell side adviser. Successful sale of brand to online competitor (Boohoo)
- Gaucho (Administration, Casual Dining) – Joint Administrator and lead sale adviser in respect of a UK chain of 16 Argentinian steak restaurants – successful sale and CVA exit from administration