Daniel Butters is CEO, Restructuring having joined Teneo as part of its purchase of Deloitte’s UK Restructuring business.
Prior to the acquisition, Daniel was the head of restructuring at Deloitte in the U.K. He also led Deloitte’s retail restructuring proposition, a role he has fulfilled for the last 10 years. Daniel was also a member of the firm’s Retail Exec team and worked with partners from across the firm to deliver the full range of Deloitte services to clients. Daniel has a wide-ranging contact base and network across the retail sector and is regularly hired by investors, lenders and corporates.
Daniel has market leading experience in the retail sector with recent disclosable examples listed below.
Selected Project Experience
- Clarks – nominee of CVA of 320 site portfolio to move to turnover rents;
- New Look – market precedent CVA in 2018 including consent solicitation from bond holders with another market precedent CVA in 2020 as a tool to move 400 sites to turnover rents;
- Pizza Express – CVA to reduce rents across 450 site portfolio with the inclusion of a “COVID clause”;
- Travelodge – CVA to temporarily reduce rents across 560 site portfolio;
- Yo Sushi – CVA to exit 19 non-performing sites from 59 site portfolio;
- Arcadia – market precedent CVA including the largest number of CVAs in one retail Group ever brought to market;
- Hotter – IBR used by the lenders when renegotiating new facilities with the company;
- Barrats – review the corporate structure and the sale via an insolvency process to reduce the store portfolio;
- Moda in Pelle – advised lenders regarding options after an IBR reviewing trading, contingency planning and organizing an AMA process;
- Poundworld – landlord consultation, M&A and restructuring through insolvency; and
- Office Outlet – first restructuring to deliver major store format reconfiguration through CVA.