Teneo advises private and public sector leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help drive success in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working with the world’s leading companies and organizations, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues, with a focus on five main services offerings, including Risk Advisory, Strategy and Communications; Management Consulting; Financial Advisory; and People Advisory.
Teneo employs more than 1,600 people around the world, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Vice President, Corporate Resilience & Intelligence
Teneo Risk is looking for a talented and driven Vice President with a passion for security, risk, resilience and intelligence to join our Risk Advisory team in the Middle East. Teneo’s Risk Advisory, led by former New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton, is comprised of a world-class team of practitioners, investigators, analysts, technical advisors, and strategic partners with a broad array of operational and advisory backgrounds from the world’s most respected corporate, military, intelligence, consulting, technology, public health, and public-safety organizations. Our team’s vast experience and backgrounds equip us to address the myriad internal and external threats that CEOs must navigate daily.
Teneo Risk Advisory helps organizations protect their most valuable assets: people, information, and infrastructure. Our tenet is prevention, problem-solving, and partnership with our clients. We provide comprehensive strategic guidance to build risk awareness, resiliency, and mitigation and bring an added dimension to our clients’ risk-management capabilities. Our core offerings are Risk Intelligence, Corporate Resilience, Cyber Security, and Public Safety.
A Vice President within Teneo Risk is a core, client-facing member of our account teams. The role itself is a mid-level management position, reporting to Senior Vice Presidents or Managing Directors within the Teneo Risk function. Vice Presidents typically have 8-10 years of experience working in the corporate risk and resilience or public sector resilience arena. As a Vice President, you are responsible for assisting with defining and executing strategic programs and initiatives in support of Teneo Risk clients. Vice Presidents must be highly motivated and dedicated individuals who can deal directly with senior clients and internal team members on strategy, new business development, client solutions, thought leadership, and industry trends. This includes CEOs of major global corporations and their leadership teams requiring Vice Presidents to illustrate strong communication and client advisory skills. Primarily focused on corporate resilience and intelligence, this position is responsible for assessing clients’ physical security needs, defining and executing strategic corporate security programs, day-to-day management and execution of digital intelligence capabilities and producing reports, assessments and other critical deliverables for client engagements.
As a Vice President you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward risk advisory activity across multiple account teams, delivering regular insight and analysis, and supporting clients’ business, reputational and strategic objectives. Vice Presidents manage and coach our Associates and Senior Associates and work into and learn from our Managing Directors and Senior Vice Presidents.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience supporting a corporate resilience or security program at a Fortune 500 firm or major security consultancy. We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, that are intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn. The Vice President will report directly to the Managing Director of the Corporate Resilience practice area and will work closely with Teneo global and regional teams to manage client engagements and deliver best-in-class service.
Working at Teneo in the Middle East
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest public sector and corporate entities across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG, financial services and government offices. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations and government entities. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people.
As a Vice President with the Risk Advisory team at Teneo, your role will include:
- Corporate Resilience and Intelligence management and advisory - supports the development of risk advisory management plans, advising clients on risks, threats and vulnerabilities exposing their organizations, and appropriate mitigation/ response strategies. Research and analyze content from open sources, including social media and digital platforms, to produce concise, high-quality written analyses for a range of conditions.
- Supporting risk advisory strategy development and deployment - drive the risk advisory division’s regional corporate resilience and intelligence strategy adding impact and value on critical business issues that confront executives and security leaders such as CSOs, CISOs, General Counsel and/or Chief Risk Officers through producing high-quality corporate security, resilience and intelligence deliverables such as threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments, intelligence briefings, corporate security & security programs, corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
- Leading on risk advisory planning and deployment - lead client engagements and third-party relationships to facilitate workstream activity, create project deliverables and ensure the team can meet critical deadlines.
- Account management - manage fast-paced resilience and intelligence requirements as a project manager or workstream lead across multiple client efforts simultaneously while ensuring high-quality outputs across all engagements.
- Client management - work with SVPs and MDs to manage opportunities or areas of concern proactively and systematically.
- Supporting new business development - actively building network of new client/ prospect relationships, working on new business opportunities including developing significant aspects of proposals, and participating in client pitch meetings.
Furthermore, you will be expected to:
- Build strong client and team relationships, fostering long-term partnerships and seeking organic growth opportunities through new business proposal development;
- Create advisory notes for client leadership, addressing and monitoring OSINT narratives, geopolitical risks, resilience and reputational issues;
- Provide support and insight to your client teams, proactively highlighting opportunities, and potential areas of concern;
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally;
- Proactively seek formal and informal learning and development opportunities to support your professional growth and contribute to the sharing of learnings across the wider team; and
- Actively coach and mentor Associates and Senior Associates.
Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years of progressive experience working in a corporate security or security consulting role is required.
- Graduate education in the areas such as political science, international relations, emergency management, cybersecurity, or resilience preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and English preferred.
- Professional training or certification in physical security and corporate resilience is a plus.
- Experience with project planning and management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong international awareness and understanding of the region.
- Ability and comfort interacting with senior executives, high net worths, or well-known public officials.
- This position requires strong critical thinking, effective time management, strong writing and communication skills, and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities and deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a fast learner and team collaborator who will thrive in a demanding, results-driven environment.
- Strong ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry, regional or global dynamics to enable business activities through protecting people and organizations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – PowerPoint, Word and Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables; charts; functions; etc.).
Characteristics and Attributes
- Strategic and critical thinker.
- Collaborative and a team player.
- Comfortable managing and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and always willing to try.
- Detail oriented and committed to high quality deliverables.
- Intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humble, honest and respectful.
- Resilient and performs well under pressure.
- Comfortable with uncertainty.
- Readiness for frequent travel and time at clients’ offices.
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding, and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
Teneo works with clients on complex issues and challenges that often require a multidisciplinary approach that leverage our main business segments – Strategy & Communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, People Advisory, and Risks Advisory. You will have opportunities to work alongside our experts in these disciplines to develop and deliver an integrated solution.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Annual salary review.
- End-of-service benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service).
- Private medical insurance (individual and immediate family members).
- Life insurance.
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities.
- Flexible and remote working with office laptop provided.