Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Associate Director with a passion for business and politics to join our team. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily to support Teneo’s Public Affairs team in Berlin, joining a thriving team advising high-profile businesses navigating challenging and highly regulated environments, helping to shape company narratives and influence the political and policy landscape.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side, in-house, or in the political sphere.
It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As an Associate Director you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients, playing a pivotal role in leading multiple, high-profile account teams, giving strategic counsel to senior clients, regularly providing political insight and analysis across our business, and proactively contributing to and fostering the development of junior team members. Associate Directors manage and coach Senior Consultants and Consultants, and work into and learn from Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors.
As an Associate Director at Teneo, you will be:
- Leading large and often integrated teams to develop and deliver political campaigns and strategies that have real impact for our clients
- Providing political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering the development of junior team members, including line managing 1-3 colleagues
- Challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
Skills and Experience
- At least 7 years' experience of working in a senior role in public affairs consultancy, in-house or similar areas
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams
- Excellent understanding of local, national and EU governance
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Comfortable taking the lead on driving performance and revenue
What Teneo offers
New joiners are supported by an induction program, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.