Vice President, Strategy & Communications - Shanghai
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Vice President in the firm’s Shanghai office. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Vice President at Teneo is a core member of our account teams, responsible for helping execute strategic programs and communications initiatives in support of Teneo’s clients. You will play a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients and act as the day-to-day lead for all client projects and oversee team delivery.
Vice Presidents have an established and trusted relationship with clients and are the go-to advisor. Vice Presidents set high standards and provide quality control for all client work prior to sign-off where needed. They also create a positive team environment ensuring everyone has a clear role and opportunity to learn and develop.
- Provide day-to-day client team direction and management and acts as a proactive coach and mentor across teams
- Develop and manage communications plans and campaigns on behalf of clients
- Responsible for formulating strategic plans, press releases, memos, and distributed media materials; managing messages; and coordinating client program activities
- Play a key role in content development and overseeing content produced by team members
- Contribute to new business lead development and pitches and plays an active role in growing clients organically
- Lead day-to-day client activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong client relationships across the organization
- Provides in-depth knowledge of client’s business and industries and ensures teams are fully briefed
- Demonstrate a good understanding of other areas of expertise within the business and actively share knowledge with clients
- Keep well informed and uses a broad range of sources to build opinion and ideas
- Take personal responsibility for investing in own development, seeking opportunities to learn new things and broaden skills
- Participate in select networking events that raises awareness of Teneo’s offerings, as well as being a brand ambassador to the business
- 6 - 8 years related experience in a similar environment within corporate communications, financial communications, or business media
- Strong working media knowledge and hands-on experience across international (regionally based), regional and China-based media
- Well versed in financial concepts and capital market know-how
- Strong in content writing and creation with high standards and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute multi-platform communications strategies
- Domain expertise and knowledge in financial services / professional services including private equity, investment management as well as asset allocation and investment processes would be an advantage
- Demonstrable leadership in managing multiple stakeholders while maintaining good relationships
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese skills are essential; additional language competencies at business communication level would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Journalism, Economics or Finance, Politics is an advantage
- Personable, diligent and organised in approach to work and client management
- Well informed about global news and macroeconomic/finance events
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Teneo is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Teneo considers all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.