Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Revenue Accountants to join our team in London. Teneo is an integrated communications consultancy, providing all aspects of strategic counsel to business leaders and CEOs. This role is primarily responsible monitoring the financial progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses and ensuring that project billings are issued and payment collected.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side, or in-house.
We have an opportunity in our London office joining our Financial Advisory team.
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for monitoring the financial progress of projects, investigating variances and ensuring that project billings are issued and payment collected.
- Create project accounts in accounting system
- Accurate and timely production of client invoices, fees and rechargeable costs
- Send all project related invoices to client (via MD where appropriate) as soon as possible and encourage invoicing at time other than month end
- Ensure all invoices meet individual client requirements
- Ensure all client invoices are authorised by engagement teams prior to submission to clients
- Reconcile client purchase orders to invoices sent
- Ensure time is recorded in a timely manner by the client facing team
- Reconcile rechargeable costs to amounts billed in advance or unbilled
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to the Senior Revenue Accountant
- Report on project profitability to the Senior Revenue Accountant
- Ensure all billable costs are invoiced without delay
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients
- Ensure timely response to requests for further information from engagement teams re projects or invoicing
- Ensure the Senior Revenue Accountant approves the write off of any project-related invoices that cannot be billed to or collected from clients/suppliers
- Close out project accounts upon project completion
- Compile information for external auditors as and when required
- Ensure sales ledger is consistently updated
- Maintain WIP records
- Manage debtors to ensure receipts obtained as soon as possible
- Assist with cash receipts queries working alongside AP team
- Ensure compliance to internal prescribed timetables
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of professional services businesses preferred but not essential
- Experience working as part of a finance team either in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- Working towards a professional qualification preferred – ACCA, AAT CIMA etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Good analytic skills with some experience of reporting to senior team members
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. We are able to support individuals who wish to work toward a professional qualification study (ACCA, AAT, CIMA) subject to individuals passing their probationary period.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are adopting a 60:40 principle of office:remote working across our UK business which offers the flexibility to ensure that our people are empowered to find the right rhythm for themselves, our teams and our clients. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.