Senior Associate, Strategy & Communications – Shanghai
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific and within China, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications team as a Senior Associate in Shanghai. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
A Senior Associate at Teneo is responsible for providing the highest quality service to our clients and plays a pivotal role in managing clients’ day-to-day activities; anticipating needs and identifying potential issues before they become problems. You will set high standards and play a key role in monitoring quality of work and ensuring agreed timelines are met. You will also play a key role in supporting junior team members’ development; ensuring opportunities to learn, on-the-job coaching and a motivating team environment to work in.
- Assesses client’s needs and provides consistently high-quality counseling and consulting services to clients
- Develops and executes solutions to help clients address reputation challenges
- Effectively manage client accounts and maintain good relationships with crucial decision makers at client companies
- Work as part of a nimble team to execute innovative communications campaigns
- Produce high quality English and Chinese language content on a range of client deliverables
- Advise and manage client’s content development and thought leadership building
- Lead team on market and policy analysis as well as research report development
- Work directly with media and other influencers to deliver solutions for clients
- Review and edit communication collateral drafted by junior team members
- Work with the senior management team on advising clients involved in special situations and M&A transactions
- Plan and advise clients on social & digital strategy and tactics
- Drive marketing initiatives, develop credentials and stakeholder relationships
- Seeks opportunities for organic growth by networking across client organizations and introducing Teneo to new contacts
- 5-7 years related experience in government & corporate affairs, corporate communication, financial communication or transaction advisory.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing multiple stakeholders (such as clients, media, industry associations, government) while maintaining good relationships
- Experience managing client issues and reputational challenges
- Possessing excellent verbal and written skills in English and Chinese - you should have exceptional writing skills and experience in both languages
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in journalism, mass communication, international relations, public policy, business, or economics. A postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- International experience (study and/or work) a plus
- Have a strong appetite for global news and macroeconomic/finance events
- A deep understanding of and broad resources in media
- Candidate needs to be confident, agile and proactive
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role