Consultant, Value+ Asia-Pacific
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
Teneo Value+ is a part of the Global Financial Advisory team, which was launched in May 2021 following the acquisition of the Restructuring Services business of Deloitte UK. The Value+ team is focused on working collaboratively with businesses to improve profitability, cash flow and capital efficiency at pace.
We work with both corporate clients and private market investors and support our clients in defining their value creation strategies and execute on them throughout the business or investment lifecycle. Alongside our strategic, operational and transaction capabilities, we also draw upon Teneo’s broader CEO advisory services to deliver the best of the firm to our clients for optimal solutions.
Due to ambitious growth plans for our new business, we are looking to recruit a Consultant into our Hong Kong team. As a Consultant you will support the leadership team with client service. You will be part of project teams on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve advising corporates, funds, creditors and other stakeholders. You will also support business development as required
Your responsibilities as a Consultant:
- Is a key team member working on Value+ engagements on a day-to-day basis, including overseeing junior colleagues/interns
- Produces high quality deliverables within planned timescales
- Supports financial engagement economics and risk management
- Supports and contributes to client presentations
- Meet team specific performance targets
- Maintaining relevant qualifications and commits to further learning via attainment of professional qualifications
- Continues to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills
- Developing client relationship skills and building sector knowledge
People and Leadership
- Supports leadership in creating an inclusive environment
- Proactively supports the development of colleagues by providing timely feedback and identifying development opportunities e.g. mentoring/ buddying
- Continues to develop personal brand
- Builds internal peer level contacts which provide opportunities to meet and share ideas on initiatives
- Become aligned to a sector or marketing key account team, including participating in, and organising marketing events
- Supports the preparation of research documents and pitch documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or finance-related subject is essential - postgraduate degree is an advantage
- Business proficiency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is essential
- Studying for (or planning to study for) ACCA/ACA/CPA or CFA
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- 2 -5 years’ experience in management consulting, banking, insurance, private markets, with a preference for experience handling strategy, transformation or transaction projects
- International experience (study and / or work) is an advantage
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to continuously develop and improve
- Can-do attitude, pro-activity, maintaining high quality of work and being a strong team-player are essential
*More experienced candidates may be considered for a senior consultant role