Consultant, Strategy and Communications Advisory - Tokyo
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Teneo’s clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
As we continue to grow our operations in Asia-Pacific and within Japan, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join our dynamic and professional Strategy and Communications Advisory team as a Consultant in Tokyo. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-motivated candidate to develop a successful career in a dynamic, growing international advisory company.
- Day-to-day coordination and management of client strategy and communications.
- Monitoring and collating targeted industry intelligence, including media and analyst coverage;
- Supporting client leads with research and preparation of strategy and briefing materials;
- Supporting in the development of client deliverables including communications strategies, key messaging, Q&A documents, presentations and speeches;
- Establishment of comprehensive understanding of Teneo’s full breadth of offerings and ongoing development as ‘subject matter expert’ in critical areas;
- Develop market and policy analysis as well as research report development
- Supporting the senior leadership to identify business growth opportunities;
- Building an internal peer-level network within Teneo across our global offices around the world to support professional development and business growth; and
- Developing a network of external stakeholders across media, industry and the investment community.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in business, journalism, communications, public policy, finance or economics. A postgraduate degree is an advantage;
- 1-2 years’ experience in corporate & financial communications, banking / financial services, management consulting or public policy is preferable;
- Possessing excellent verbal and written skills in English and Japanese
- Familiarity with social media platform management (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) is an added advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel;
- International experience (study and / or work) a plus;
- Have a strong appetite for geopolitics, macroeconomic / finance events;
- Candidate needs to be confident, mature and professional. Entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude and being a team player is essential;
- Must display a strong work ethic, high standards and commitment to the role.