This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Senior Consultant from a valuation team within the Big 4 or a leading advisory firm to join the fast-growing Portfolio Valuations practice within the Valuation Advisory Services Team of Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm. Our team provides valuation services to the following: private equity, venture capital, infrastructure funds and sovereign wealth funds.
The successful candidate will be a driven valuation professional who is seeking to join an exciting new team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and promotion. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s blue chip client base.
As a Portfolio Valuations Senior Consultant you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on complex valuation engagements whilst collaborating closely with a range of industry leading specialists across different teams
- Use a variety of tools to conduct extensive data analysis and valuation modelling through a wide range of assets including but not limited to: Infrastructure equity assets; Debt instruments, Early-stage investments; and investments with complex capital structures
- Conduct research, collate information, and develop reports
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade
- Work with other analysts to peer review their work
- To have a clear understanding of the company’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Typical projects will include:
- PE/VC/Fund Portfolio Valuations
- Alternative Investments
- Complex Financial Instruments
- Fairness Opinions and commercial valuations
- Financial Reporting Valuations (IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP)
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in Valuations gained at a Big 4 accounting firm, an independent advisory firm, or Fund
- Experience providing valuation and modelling expertise across a variety of sectors and asset classes
- Proficient or experienced in excel modelling of complex financial instruments (e.g. option pricing models, equity waterfalls, and debt instruments)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Fluent business level English is essential. Additional European language skills are advantageous
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
- Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills
- Experienced in using Word, Excel and Power Point
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- A confident and enthusiastic team player.
- CFA and/or relevant accounting professional designations is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or an MBA from an accredited college/university
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities