Executive Assistant, Talent Advisory – Singapore
Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo is seeking an Executive Assistant to join the Talent Advisory division and support senior leadership in the Singapore office.
An Executive Assistant at Teneo plays an integral role supporting senior business leaders and is responsible for actively managing their diary and mailbox. They are able to pre-empt issues or problems before they arise, working close with the senior leadership to find solutions. They act as a gatekeeper and are empowered to make decisions on behalf of the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors and will respond to emails where necessary, providing a point person for when their assigned person is unavailable. Executive Assistants are also responsible for building relationships with counterparts at client organisations and across the Teneo network.
In the face of rapid innovation, a highly-competitive landscape, a contentious activist climate and increased scrutiny on boards and company executives, Teneo’s talent advisory experts help clients proactively align business strategy with talent strategy. They work with CEOs and boards to ensure that the right team is in place to bring those strategies to life and create value in the face of relentless short-term pressures.
From August 1, 2021, AWPeople became part of global Teneo Talent Advisory practice. This unique partnership will provide clients immediate access to the world’s leading executive talent in the disciplines that build and protect reputations, together with Teneo’s global CEO advisory services.
AWPeople, founded by Anna Whitlam, is a regional executive search and advisory firm specialising in the discipline of Corporate Affairs, Communications, Investor Relations and Marketing.
In June 2010, AWPeople was founded to provide sustainable talent solutions to clients by leveraging Anna’s wealth of experience in executive search, talent identification and organisational development within the corporate affairs, communications, and marketing disciplines.
Today, AWPeople has an established reputation in Asia-Pacific as the leading executive search firm in the disciplines that impact reputation. Its capabilities in the world of consulting are starting to penetrate the market through word of mouth and referral.
- Extensive calendar and diary management for the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors including proactive coordination of all meetings both internally and externally, ensuring all relevant meeting papers are received and saved into the diary in a timely manner, and reconfirming all meetings in advance.
- Looks ahead and helps prepare Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors for upcoming events or meetings and keeps a day and week-ahead view.
- Anticipates diary/calendar changes and responds accordingly, including anticipating necessary pre-brief or debrief meetings.
- Acts as a point of contact when the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors are unavailable – dealing with very senior personnel on their behalf.
- Responsible for the proactive management of inbox and calendar for Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors, responds to emails on their behalf and is empowered to make decisions on behalf of Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors.
- Develops and holds key relationships with counterparts at client offices and builds knowledge of key clients.
- Writing, editing and formatting of correspondence, including reports and proposals.
- Assists the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors with end-to-end client assignment management, scheduling client interviews and confirming arrangements between all parties whilst ensuring correct documentation is received in a timely manner in advance of all interviews.
- Sources information/documents and pre-brief material from relevant sources ahead of meetings to prepare the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors.
- Actively finds solutions to enable the Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors to complete tasks or attend meetings.
- Supports senior leaders directly with their clients and teams and where necessary providing administrative, presentation or research support to ensure client projects can be delivered at times of time pressure or resource constraints.
- Assists with the project management of Managing Directors/Senior Managing Directors day-to-day projects and work and helps them by developing timelines, bringing in required resources or skills and ensuring the smooth-running of the project.
- Manages business-sensitive information in a professional manner and maintains highest levels of confidentiality.
- Administrative support for virtual and in person events – invitations, RSVPs, venue (if required), running schedules etc.
- Maintenance of filing/record system, including data entry to maintain CRM records, management of incoming and outgoing mail.
- General office management of the Hong Kong office (stationary supplies, welcoming guests, organising team events, HR, and operational support etc.)
- Coordination of national and global travel requirements (transfers, flights and accommodation), including sourcing meeting and hospitality locations and timed schedules.
- Phone management – take calls and or messages as required.
Skills & Experience
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a role with a high degree of accountability.
- Positive outlook with demonstrated maturity, and an ability to work with ambiguity in a flexible manner.
- Comfortable working under pressure, with the ability to remain calm and maintain a professional manner in pressurized and demanding scenarios.
- Ability to build relationships/rapport quickly (eg. regular communication with EAs who manage C-suite executives, often across multiple time zones).
- Extensive experience supporting senior business leaders in an office/operations management and or executive assistant/administrative/project coordination role.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with the Teneo and AWPeople internal systems, brand and quality guidelines, IT systems and kit and administrative processes.
- In-depth knowledge of different business practices, leadership teams and specialist skills, knowing who to go to for what, with the aptitude to take an advisory role on company policies and procedures.
- Strong project management experience including use of Microsoft Teams and CRM software to track and manage projects.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) applications.
- Adept at complex diary management and scheduling meetings across multiple time zones – in addition to an acquisitive approach to navigating global cities for meeting locations, hospitality venues, and accommodation.
- Strong working knowledge of virtual meeting tools including Zoom/Webex/MSTeams.
- Knowledge and interest in technology to enable greater work efficiency, connectivity and flexibility; including connection tools, social and digital media.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining processes, procedures, and systems (including IT and record systems).
- Excellent ‘customer’ service skills and a committed service mentality.
- Demonstrated relationship/client management experience.
- Exemplary written, oral and presentation skills with experience in developing high quality documents i.e. credentials/agendas/letters.
- Fluency in English. Chinese languages are preferred.