Working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Globally, our clients include a significant number of Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies and major global corporations.
In Brussels, our client base spans industry sectors, and we work with the leadership of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies in the world, helping to shape company narratives and influence the political and policy environment in which they operate.
With an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams and offices including in Paris, Frankfurt, London, Washington and New York.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant with minimum 5 years’ experience in EU public affairs and communications, to join our dynamic and growing team at Teneo Brussels.
We are looking for an individual with a strong communications background, who is knowledgeable about and adept at working with media and influencers. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about the importance of creativity in campaigning, including working across different communications disciplines (incl. social media) to deliver maximum impact for our clients across all industry sectors. Experience in issues and crisis management is an advantage.
A Senior Consultant at Teneo plays a pivotal role in providing the highest quality of service to our clients. They are expected to create a positive environment on their client teams and coordinate, together with other team members, strategic support for a number of high-profile clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Client focus: coordinating daily activity, ensuring high standards and establishing strong relationships across a number of client accounts
- Expertise: Supporting in the development of key client deliverables including communications strategies, key messaging, Q&A documents, presentations and speeches
- Team management: providing day-to-day client team direction and acting as a coach and mentor for junior colleagues across teams
- Business growth: contributing to new business lead development and pitches and playing an active role in growing existing clients
- At least 5 years of full-time professional experience in a communications role, either in a consultancy, an industry association, the EU institutions or in-house
- Strong knowledge of the EU media landscape
- Excellent drafting and communication skills and ability to think strategically, act independently and inspire others
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Excellent networking skills and client (or internal stakeholder) handling skills, keen to build and maintain a network of external stakeholders across the EU media, industry and the policymaker community.
- Fluent English and ability to work in at last one other official EU language