The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
The Special Situations M&A team is part of Capital Advisory within Teneo Restructuring. The team provides tailored M&A solutions across stressed, distressed and insolvent /bankruptcy situations. We pride ourselves on both maximizing value and delivering deal certainty in challenging conditions.
Our diverse team advises banks, investors and the management teams of companies who are underperforming, in financial stress or distress or considering a particularly complex or difficult transaction. The team is sector agnostic and clients are located typically across the UK.
The core offering encompasses:
- Accelerated M&A – M&A in accelerated timeframes (typically 9 days to 9 weeks);
- Non Standard M&A – M&A mandates involving underperforming and/or financially stressed businesses and stakeholders which require a bespoke M&A strategy. Examples include underperforming non-core subsidiaries of corporates or highly leveraged companies economically owned by its lenders; and
- Strategic M&A advisory – Advising on strategic restructuring options including M&A strategy.
Since its inception in 2008, the Special Situations M&A team has completed over 150 transactions across a broad spectrum of size (typically £5m to £200m), sector and situations. We are currently looking for a Consultant or a Senior Consultant to join our growing and successful team.
- Advising on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions.
- Assisting with the day to day management of transactions which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for the preparation of information and client communications.
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis.
- Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them;
- To have a clear understanding of the company’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in or a deep understanding of Corporate Finance and M&A advisory including Special Situations
- An understanding of insolvency and alternative transaction delivery mechanisms
- Capability to contribute towards development and implementation of often innovative and bespoke M&A strategies for each transaction.
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and interpret large amounts of data quickly.
- Strong commercial and business diagnostics acumen
- Client and team focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- A good level of meeting and presentational skills.
- Logical and meticulous approach to problem solving.
- High level of project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial exploration for inclusion in client reports.
- Experience in business development activities and pitching
- Excellent communication and project management skills
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the company
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities