Location - Glasgow/Edinburgh
Due to ambitious growth plans for our new business, we are looking to recruit a Senior Associate Consultant into our Scotland team. As a Senior Associate Consultant you will support the leadership team with:
- Client Service – Be a part of project teams on a diverse range of challenging engagements – this will involve advising corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders on Restructuring Advisory, Contingency Planning and Insolvency projects.
- Business Development – Support business development activities and generating sales in the market.
- People and Leadership – Provide guidance and support to team members to create an inclusive environment.
- Is a key team member working on financial restructuring engagements on a day-to-day basis, including managing junior staff.
- Produces high quality deliverables within planned timescales.
- Supports and contributes to client presentations.
- Helps the team meet team specific performance targets.
- Developing an understanding of financial engagement economics and engagement and quality risk management.
- Continues to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills.
- Developing client relationship skills and building sector knowledge.
People and Leadership
- Supports leadership in creating an inclusive environment.
- Proactively supports the development of colleagues by providing timely feedback and identifying development opportunities e.g., mentoring/ buddying, supervising less experienced colleagues.
- Continues to develop personal brand.
- Continues to expand network of external and internal peer level contacts which provide opportunities to meet and share ideas on initiatives.
- Supports and/or key account teams, including participating in, and organising, marketing events.
- Assists in preparing research documents, pitches and client presentations.
Key Skills & Experience
- 4 Highers or equivalent including Maths and English.
- Developing analytical skills. Possesses Strong IT skills especially across Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook packages.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience (insolvency and/or restructuring advisory).
- Strong communication skills to support working in a high-performance team.
- Commitment and willingness to work under pressure, sometimes long hours, always putting the client at the centre.
- Ambition to learn and develop further.
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. In supporting this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities