Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We balance the culture and feel of a boutique-sized company against the great client opportunities presented by working for a larger company.
Our culture is critical to our success. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and collaborative working environment in which strong performers can make rapid career progress. To support this, we run dedicated events for mental health and well-being, and ensure an inclusive and transparent environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential to our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk about flexible working, so please do let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo’s global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo’s global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.
The Clients & Industries team drives Restructuring business growth. This dedicated team oversees opportunity identification, sector and channel programmes and marketing for the Restructuring business. We work closely with Senior Managing Directors and staff across the Restructuring team to ensure these programmes are operating effectively and provide support where required.
You will be a core member of the Clients & Industries team. As part of the growth of the Restructuring business, we are looking to recruit a senior insight and research lead. The newly created role will be to oversee all the research activities being undertaken by the team and our offshore research service provider – this covers individual corporate targets and our sector programme. You will also oversee and support the creation of sector insight reports (which look at key trends and issues across industries).
- Management and monitoring of key business development activities including:
- Early identification of market / sector themes to prioritise and allocate resource
- Oversight of sector programmes and provision of targeted support to highly active sectors
- Provision of support and guidance to research analysts (based offshore) and sector teams to originate leads
- Oversight of activities for priority leads, working closely with Restructuring colleagues (i.e. facilitating company / lender side discussions, intel gathering with other stakeholders)
- Responsibility for management of the relationship with our offshore research service provider, and management of workflow to the offshore research analysts
- Quality review of material produced by research analysts
- Management and coordination of outsourced support from external sector experts
- Produce thought pieces / oversee the production of thought pieces on key sectors and industries, working closely with Restructuring colleagues and wider Teneo sector experts
- Participate in client facing pipeline meetings which involves discussing companies, sectors and the market with funds, banks and lawyers that operate in the restructuring market
- Shaping and implementation of business development strategy (market and sector themes) – working closely with Restructuring senior leadership and the Clients & Industries lead
- Train junior team members on distressed opportunity identification – working closely with junior Clients & Industries Analyst and other junior team members
- Drive connectivity and collaboration across Teneo’s different business segments and teams, both within the UK and Globally (focussed around sector expertise)
- Close coordination with Client Relationship Director to align business development and client relationship activities – to deliver a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Role will be predominately internal facing, with certain client facing responsibilities related to leads development & market intelligence
Key Skills & Experience
- The candidate will ideally have spent in excess of five years working as a research analyst or manager in the financial services sector and have an understanding of corporate debt structures, stakeholders and strong commercial awareness
- Experience of restructuring, whilst ideal, is not considered essential
- Develop relationships quickly with both internal and external stakeholders (Teneo sector experts, international colleagues and clients, lawyers, lenders and regulators)
- Be a self-starter, who is passionate about hunting out opportunities, following the market and developing solutions to complex issues
- Quickly assess the financial viability of a company and identify opportunities where Teneo Restructuring can add value to a situation
- Understand debt restructuring in order to be able to make a recommendation on solutions (investment in teaching these skills can be provided for the right candidate)
- Have a working understanding of the legal documentation associated with loans, bonds and other financial instruments (detailed legal knowledge is not required)
- Understand the current economic environment and have a good understanding of current issues across all sectors
- Be articulate, with strong presentation skills
- Display strong financial modelling skills and excellent use of PowerPoint
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities