Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm.
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, restructuring, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
We are looking for a (Managing) Director with strong government advisory expertise and helping clients understand the risks facing them and create strategies to mitigate them. As a Managing Director within Teneo you’ll lead large and often integrated teams to deliver strategies that have impact for our clients, provide insight and intelligence through relevant networking as well as manage our people from a talent management perspective. You’d be joining an ambitious, global agency who allow candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. If you possess the skills and drive and understand the relationship between trust, reputation and value, this role will certainly be of interest.
- Leading large and often integrated teams to deliver strategies that have impact for our clients
- Acting as strategic counsel to senior clients
- Developing campaign strategies that are rooted in business objectives
- Client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting
- Growing existing client briefs and contributing to winning new business
- Leading new business pitches and bringing teams together to win new work
- Generating new business leads through networks and proactive opportunity spotting
- Provide insight and intelligence through relevant networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering a knowledge-sharing environment with clients and colleagues - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
- Ability to innovate on behalf of clients and the political team, challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
- Playing a role in the management of the Situations and Politics team at Teneo
- Talent management of junior colleagues
Key Skills & Experience
- Working in a senior role in Business, Government or Consultancy is essential
- Examples of dealing with a live crisis and an ability to articulate the lessons learned
- Examples of crisis preparedness i.e. how you help create a plan to deal with a crisis
- Demonstrable experience in managing client accounts
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Experience of drafting narratives, key messages and consultation material
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff
- Proven business development experience and ability to cultivate and convert new business leads
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both client and internal stakeholders alike
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent understanding of budgets and financial management
- Comfortable taking the lead on driving performance and revenue
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. We are very happy to talk flexible working so please let us know if this something you would like to discuss.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities