Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and skilled Associate Director who is looking to further develop their career in integrated consultancy, with a focus on risk, issues & crisis advisory. Teneo’s client base spans all sectors, and we work with the leadership of some of the largest public, private, and humanitarian organisations in the world, helping to build resilience in the face of change. An overview of our work includes: risk and crisis advisory for senior clients during live situations; crisis management team support; organisational design for resilience; training and development of leadership teams, advising senior clients on political developments; helping clients to shape and respond to government policy proposals.
With an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams such as Campaigning, Financial Communications, Consulting, and Teneo Intelligence and alongside our offices in Brussels, Washington and New York.
At Associate Director level we typically look for candidates who have 7-10 years’ experience and have worked in a similar consultancy environment.
- Leading large and often integrated teams to deliver strategies that have impact for our clients
- Acting as strategic counsel to senior clients during crises and peace time
- Developing communications strategies that are rooted in business objectives
- Client servicing, profitability, forecasting and budgeting
- Growing existing client briefs and contributing to winning new business
- Leading new business pitches and bringing teams together to win new work
- Generating new business leads through networks and proactive opportunity spotting
- Provide political insight and intelligence through political, media and industry networking
- Proactively contributing to and fostering a knowledge-sharing environment with clients and colleagues - seeking new insights, knowledge and expertise
- Ability to innovate on behalf of clients and the team, challenging the status quo with new thinking, new product development, and new ways of working
- Playing a role in the management of the Situations & Politics team at Teneo
- Talent management of junior colleagues
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a senior role in consultancy essential
- Experience of working inhouse desirable but not essential
- Proven experience in senior risk and crisis advisory
- Proven understanding and application of international best practice is risk, issues and crisis management
- Demonstrable experience in managing client accounts
- Good understanding of local and national government
- Good understanding of international affairs
- Excellent ability to shape and deliver strategic advice to senior level clients
- Able to manage and mentor junior staff, creating an environment for colleagues to flourish and grow skills
- Proven business development experience and ability to cultivate and convert new business leads
- An engaging self-starter with high attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Seen as a credible ‘voice’ to both client and internal stakeholders alike
- A collaborator who is able to foster good working relationships
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent understanding of budgets and financial management
- Comfortable taking the lead on driving performance and revenue
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
We’re an ambitious, global agency who allow candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. If you possess the skills and drive and understand the relationship between trust, reputation and value, this will be the place for you!
What else you can expect?
Learning & Development and Benefits
Continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression.
We have a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our knowledge management system – the Ecosystem.
- 28 days holiday
- Travel support
- Discretionary bonus’
- Flexible working
- Health insurance
- Company Pension contributions
- Coffee bar
- Free fruit & other goodies on tap
- Programme of social, cultural and charitable activities
About the company
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. The successful candidate will specifically support the strategy & communications advisory business segment, which works in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues. Our teams bring together the disciplines of financial and corporate communications, government affairs, crisis and issues management, investor relations, media relations, corporate governance, talent advisory, research and digital capabilities in an integrated approach to provide clients with unparalleled business counsel and operational execution support around the world.
Our work focuses on business outcomes and the role reputation plays in enabling them. By building trust among key stakeholders – whether consumers, policy makers, financial markets, NGOs or employees – we help leaders to achieve the outcomes they need – whether that’s business growth, access to critical resources, securing market access, accessing capital, executing change, competitive differentiation, or improving performance.
Our Culture & Values
Our work is driven by a challenger mentality, underpinned by our distinctive and defining culture and values. Our culture focuses on seeing challenges through the eyes of business leaders, advising fearlessly and executing brilliantly based on rigorous, evidence-based insights. We are driven by intellectual curiosity, creative flair, a determination to make the complex simple, and a collaborative, restless spirit.
We offer joined-up thinking across all our consulting streams to help companies build and protect value through reputation.