Introduction to Teneo
Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political & policy risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
Teneo employees number circa 800 around the world, our London office is the European Headquarters home to 300 of these employees.
The People Team
The focus of our People Team is to ensure everyone in Teneo London has the opportunity and support to deliver their very best for clients and teams every day, and that great work is recognised and rewarded. We strive to achieve this by consistently supporting a progressive approach to the way people are developed and managed and fostering a collegiate approach where people are challenged and stretched but feel supported and enjoy their work.
We are looking for a new member of the team to play a pivotal role in helping us to achieve our core objectives:
- Reputation – Supporting our reputation as a great place to work and build your career with an outstanding client list and mould breaking work.
- Attraction and retention – being a destination consultancy for talent and developing long-term careers for our people. Identifying the levels, skillsets and expertise needed and using data and insights to make the best, most cost-effective London-wide recruitment decisions
- Skills – Support our dual-focus of brilliant specialists, seamlessly integrated by evolving the skills set and expertise required to meet our proposition and increase our ability to resource teams from across the office in an integrated way that is best for the client.
- Growth – Supporting a culture of high performing, stable teams because this leads to increased engagement and revenue (both organically from existing clients and from new business recommendations).
- Diversity and Inclusion – Increasing the diversity of our team and inclusiveness of our culture to reflect society and our clients’ needs, bringing new and wider perspectives and experiences into the firm.
- Wellbeing – Ensuring we continue to deliver excellence for our clients with strong, stable teams by supporting the resilience, wellbeing and work/life balance of our people
The role will be a key part of the People team in partnering with business leaders, advising on people related issues and ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of HR services, reporting to the Director of People. You will partner with a newly acquired business Teneo Restructuring, currently the market leading Restructuring Services business at Deloitte (deal expected to complete on 1 June). This role is critical in implementing strategic initiatives and activities within the organisation, whilst working with teams, managers, and key stakeholders to help build organisation and people capability. You will also play a leading role in post-deal integration activity to ensure the business and our people are set up for success.
- Be a trusted partner and adviser to members of the senior leadership team, so you are embedded within the team, participate in key meetings and are integral to all decisions relating to people.
- Quickly build an understanding of and support the business strategy through use of data and analytics to create business insights and recommendations.
- Partner with members of the senior management team whilst demonstrating the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual performance management cycle, succession planning and talent management.
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Solve problems objectively using business analysis to identify issues, patterns and relationships and make data-driven recommendations.
- Provides day to day HR business partnering support to the Client Group, with accountability for all HR services, including recruitment planning, talent development strategy, performance management, engagement and all related project work.
- Play an active role in promoting diversity, inclusion and wellbeing, in line with the firmwide D&I goals.
- To take ownership of the management and execution of all employee relations matters, working closely with senior stakeholders whilst ensuring the firms compliance with employment legislation.
- Provide coaching and guidance to business leaders and teams on HR matters aligned to the business plan and the wider firm purpose and goals.
- Responsible for the delivery of the relevant service line talent plan, working with business area leaders to distil it into relevant action plans, ensuring appropriate connection with the firm-wide talent strategy, working with the Director of People and business leaders to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Contribute to building capability via mentoring of more junior members of the People team, sharing knowledge and insights generously..
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. Teneo Restructuring offers fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues.
What we offer
An opportunity to be part of a friendly, innovative and highly motivated team. Building on your current experience you will be able to expand and enhance your skills in all areas of HR working in a busy but fun environment. You will have a dedicated Talent Manager to support your professional and personal development during your time at Teneo.
You can also get involved in our social, charity, well-being and inclusion committees made up of employees who are passionate about making a difference.
On top of that we offer:
- A competitive basic salary
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, life assurance, income protection insurance, Employee Assistance Programme and optional private health cover
- Family benefits including enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave policies, and maternity and returnee back-to-work coaching
- 28 days’ holiday
- A dedicated L&D programme for all employees in all roles
- Perks include flexible working opportunities, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loan, active Culture and Social Teams, modern open-plan office space, showers and lockers, smart/casual dress code
Teneo is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
Teneo is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.