Consultant, Financial Communications
A Consultant in Teneo’s Financial Communications team is the driving force for account co-ordination and brings a strong approach to project and time management. They set high standards and are responsible for providing the highest quality of service and advice to our clients. They play a key role in delivering quality insight, supporting clients’ reputational, financial and strategic objectives.
Consultants work into and learn from our Senior Consultants, Associate Directors and Managing Directors, with the structure of each team varying across clients, based on the scope and client need. Consultants are role models for junior colleagues, and actively contribute to making Teneo a stimulating, stretching and dynamic place to work.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with varied experience and wide-ranging perspectives. They’ll be able to cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling, building relationships with core financial analysts and media. Like us, they’ll be intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Financial Communications Consulting at Teneo
In this team of experts everyone is joined up, hands on and plays an integral role on each client. We span industry sectors, working with the leadership (CEO, Chairman, Heads of Communications and Investor Relations) of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies globally, helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital markets audiences (investors, buy-side, sell-side analysts and financial media).
We currently represent 20% of the FTSE 100 and our clients include companies as diverse as ArcelorMittal, Balfour Beatty, Croda, Jaguar Land Rover, Kingfisher, London Stock Exchange, NatWest, Richemont and Tesco. Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
With our clients’ corporate reputation at the heart of our offering and taking an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams in Campaigning, Public Affairs, Consulting, and Teneo Intelligence in our London office providing a unique opportunity to expand your skills and experience across various disciplines. You’ll also get the chance to work with colleagues in our international teams from our offices around the world.
In these uncertain times, we help our clients navigate the challenges they face, enabling them to engage constructively and productively with stakeholders and achieve their business objectives for a sustainable and profitable future.
- Building strong client relationships
- Advising to high standards, delivering reputational and industry insight
- Client-facing preparation and delivery of key financial calendar moments
- Providing support and insight to the client team, proactively highlighting opportunities and potential areas of concern for clients
- Media monitoring for clients and their competitors, using a variety of inputs and tools, to provide wider context and advise on implications
- Monitoring sell-side analyst coverage, share price performance and valuation
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally
- Seeking opportunities for organic growth and support on writing new business proposals
- Becoming an effective team manager
- Providing constructive day to day feedback and coaching to more junior members of the team
- Contribute to making Teneo a stimulating, stretching and dynamic place to work
Skills & Experience
At Consultant level we typically look for candidates who have around three years’ to six years’ experience and have worked in a similar environment within a financial communications agency, or in roles related to public relations/investor relations, the capital markets, financial analysis, management consulting or the media.
- Experience offering client counsel at the appropriate level, based on in-depth insight of client’s business and sector
- Deep knowledge of wider corporate reputational or market issues arising
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and good head for numbers
- Strong ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry dynamics to enable drafting of messaging and communications materials for financial calendar
- Accomplished media relations skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A positive, flexible and ambitious team player
- Appetite to build own skills and knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude to work proactively and flexibly within a team structure, managing team and required workstreams
- Comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines and with varied workload
- Intellectually curious and resilient
- Ability to act as a role model to junior colleagues
About Teneo London
Teneo London advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers.
We’re focused on strategy & communications advisory, working in close partnership with clients to help them address their biggest reputational and business issues. We have four Centres of Excellence – Campaigning, Strategy, Situations & Political and Financial – but just one P&L, so we enjoy all the benefits of integrated working without the politics
We’re an ambitious, global agency who allow candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. If you possess the skills and drive and understand the relationship between trust, reputation and value, this will be the place for you!
What else you can expect?
Learning & Development and Benefits
Continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression.
We have a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support. Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our knowledge management system – the Ecosystem.
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
The successful candidate, must by the start of employment, have permission to work in the UK.