Raj Apte is Senior Managing Director and European Coverage Leader with Teneo’s Financial Advisory business in London.
Raj has over 24 years of restructuring experience advising global corporates, creditors and shareholders across numerous jurisdictions in Europe and is primarily focused on large and complex restructuring projects. His experience spans a wide variety of sectors, including aviation, consumer, construction, manufacturing, energy and retail.
Before joining Teneo, Raj was a Partner and Head of Restructuring for Central and Southeast Europe and CIS (CESA) at EY. Prior to that, he was an investment banker at Lazard and at Morgan Stanley.
Selected Project Experience
- PPP Etlik – €1.3bn project finance debt restructuring for an Italian/Turkish project company, including a restructuring of the project concession agreement cashflows and long term swap instruments.
- SAS Airlines and Smartwings – Advised both airlines separately on a comprehensive financial restructuring of their liabilities and operating leases.
- Bibby Offshore UK – Advised the company on its £175m listed bonds restructuring, with a debt for equity swap implemented via an English Scheme of Arrangement.
- Integer/InPost – Advised the company, a logistics-focused business, on its PLN210m bond debt restructuring.
- Mercator – Advised the company on its €1.1bn financial restructuring; further advised the company on various subsequent new money financings.
- BAWAG – Advised bond creditors on the €3.4bn restructuring of the Austrian bank’s financial liabilities, including a debt for equity swap and recapitalisation.
- Celsa Group UK – Advised the company on the £315m financial restructuring of its bank loans and ABL facilities.
- KCA Deutag – Advised the company on its $2Bn financial restructuring, including an equitization of $486m mezzanine debt and a recapitalisation.
- HeidelbergCement – Advised the company on its €8.7Bn bank debt restructuring.
- Immofinanz – Advised the company on an exchange offer of its €1.5bn convertible notes, with a 60% reduction in face value liabilities.