Teneo has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic Associate Consultant (Account Executive level) looking to embark on a career in financial communications. An Associate Consultant in our team is responsible for providing the highest quality of research and insight to support our advisory offering to our clients. Associate Consultants will take on a portfolio of client accounts and new business opportunities, working with colleagues across Teneo.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who is interested in learning more about how to support companies in their effective engagement with financial audiences to manage risk and maximise opportunities to build their corporate reputation for the long-term. Like us, they’ll be intellectually curious, creative, collaborative and eager to learn.
Financial Communications Consulting at Teneo
In this team of experts everyone is joined up, hands on and plays an integral role on each client account. We span industry sectors, working with the leadership (CEO, Chairman, Heads of Communications and Investor Relations) of some of the largest publicly listed and private companies globally, helping to shape company narratives and influence how major corporate news flow lands with key capital market audiences (investors, sell-side analysts and financial media).
We currently represent just under 30% of the FTSE 100 and our clients include companies as diverse as ArcelorMittal, Balfour Beatty, Croda, Kingfisher, Santander, UBS, Unilever, Richemont, Tesco, Vodafone, Deliveroo, Phoenix Group, Prada and Snapchat. Our work is wide-ranging and includes equity story development, financial calendar communications, executive profiling, IPOs, restructurings and M&A transactions, crisis management, media relations and ESG, stewardship and governance issues.
With our clients’ corporate reputation at the heart of our offering and taking an integrated approach to servicing client needs, you will also have the opportunity to work alongside other Teneo teams in Campaigning, Public Affairs, Consulting, and Financial Advisory in our London office providing you with a unique opportunity to expand your skills and experience across various disciplines. You’ll also get the chance to work with colleagues in our international teams from our offices around the world.
In these uncertain times, we help our clients navigate the challenges they face, enabling them to engage constructively and productively with stakeholders and achieve their business objectives for a sustainable and profitable future.
- Client facing, building working relationships with clients, the media and other advisors
- Drafting communications materials (press releases, Q&A, key messages) to support with results and other corporate milestones
- Dealing with the media on behalf of clients, building contact networks and helping to secure proactive PR opportunities
- Proactively highlighting opportunities and potential areas of concern for clients
- Delivering the core requirements of support, research and insight for the client team
- Media monitoring for clients and their competitors, using a variety of inputs and tools, to give wider context and advise on implications
- Monitoring sell-side analyst coverage, share price performance and valuation to build an understanding of clients and their operating environments
- Supporting new business efforts through spotting opportunities, research and preparation of pitch materials
Skills & Experience required
- At Associate Consultant level we consider recent graduates, and candidates with up to three years of work experience
- Basic knowledge and curiosity to learn more about business, capital markets, stock market trends, and public affairs
- Ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry dynamics
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly within a team structure
- Comfortable working under pressure, to tight deadlines and with varied workload
- Highly organised
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Intellectually curious and resilient
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by induction programmes, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Our face-to-face learning is supported by some 100 modules of e-learning available on our internal knowledge management system.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
We offer a whole host of benefits and rewards including;
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus
- Annual salary review
- Pension (with company contribution: 5% of annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible working with office laptop and phone provided
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organisational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,600 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.