Teneo advises private and public sector leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers. We are built to help drive success in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working with the world’s leading companies and organizations, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues, with a focus on five main services offerings, including Strategy and communications; Management Consulting; Financial Advisory; Risk Advisory; and People Advisory.
Teneo employs more than 1,600 people around the world, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs. Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Teneo is looking for a talented and driven Vice President with a passion for strategic communications to join our Strategy and Communications team in the Middle East. Teneo’s Strategy and communications service offering provides all aspects of integrated communications counsel to business and government leaders and CEOs. This role is part of a thriving team advising high-profile clients on how to create effective narratives, manage reputation, engage with key audiences and tell proactive stories which support clients’ strategic objectives.
We’re interested in meeting candidates with wide-ranging perspectives, and we’re open to hearing from you whether you currently work agency side or in-house.
It’s key for us that you can cut across sectors and switch seamlessly between all our disciplines, from reactive issues management to proactive storytelling. And we’d love it if, like us, you’re intellectually curious, creative, collaborative, and eager to learn.
As a Vice President you’ll be responsible for providing the highest quality of service to our clients and play a pivotal role in driving forward activity across multiple account teams, delivering regular insight and analysis, and supporting clients’ reputational and strategic objectives. Vice Presidents manage and coach our Associates and Senior Associates and work into and learn from our Managing Directors and Senior Vice Presidents.
Working at Teneo in the Middle East
Teneo works with some of the world’s biggest public sector and corporate entities across a wide range of sectors and issues, including energy, tech, FMCG, financial services and government offices. Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations and government entities. We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people.
Although this role is to primarily support our publicly listed corporate clients with financial communications and investor relations, we actively encourage our people to grow and develop their advisory skills across all our disciplines, including financial and M&A, digital, creative campaigning and corporate communications, change and employee engagement, leadership coaching, sustainability, strategy and research, issues and crisis management, and restructuring and management consultancy, to solve complex business issues for our clients.
As a Vice President with the Strategy and Communications team at Teneo, your role will include:
- Providing investor and capital markets expertise – Guide clients in their engagement with buy and sell-side stakeholders, relevant stock exchange(s) and institutional, retail and governmental shareholders.
- Supporting communications strategy development and deployment – support the development of research briefs and situation analyses to facilitate audience understanding and segmentation and the creation of the communications strategy. Provide input into formulating strategic objectives and approach, KPIs and risk management considerations.
- Overseeing strategy development and deployment – support the development and implementation of the investor relations and financial communication strategy, for institutional and retail investors. Will include leading the development of earnings announcements, investor presentations, Q&As, media talking points and risk analysis and mitigations.
- Account management – oversee workstreams and deliverables on accounts, lead PMO activities, oversee and mentor Executives, Associates, Senior Associates. Support workflow management and quality assurance of deliverables.
- Client management - work with SVP and MD to proactively and systematically manage opportunities or areas of concern.
- Supporting new business development – actively building network of new client/ prospect relationships, working on new business opportunities including developing significant aspects of proposals and participating in client pitch meetings.
Furthermore, you will be expected to:
- Build strong client and team relationships, fostering long-term partnerships and seeking organic growth opportunities through new business proposal development;
- Create advisory notes for client leadership, addressing media narratives, financial markets insights, geopolitical risks, and reputational issues, while monitoring media coverage for clients and competitors;
- Provide support and insight to your client teams, proactively highlighting opportunities, and potential areas of concern;
- Build a strong network of effective relationships internally and externally;
- Proactively seek formal and informal learning and development opportunities to support your professional growth and contribute to the sharing of learnings across the wider team; and
- Actively coach and mentor Associates and Senior Associates on your account teams.
Skills and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, political science, law, public policy, international relations, business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a strategy, communications or finance/investor relations role – within agency or in-house
- Strong understanding of the region – its media and business landscapes
- Strong understanding of finance, capital markets and/or investor relations
- Experience offering client counsel at the appropriate level, based on in-depth insight of client’s business and sector
- Deep knowledge of wider corporate reputational or market issues arising
- Strong ability to grasp clients’ business objectives and relevant wider industry dynamics to enable drafting of messaging and communications materials
- Experience working with international media
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Analysis and data visualisation skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word)
- Excellent project management skills
- Client and team management skills
- Understanding of digital communications
- Arabic writing skills an asset (for Arabic speakers)
Characteristics and Attributes
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Collaborative and a team player
- Comfortable managing and mentoring junior colleagues
- Problem solver with a positive attitude
- Flexible and always willing to try
- Detail oriented and committed to high quality deliverables
- Intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit
- Humble, honest and respectful
- Resilient and performs well under pressure
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Readiness for frequent travel and stints at clients’ offices
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
Teneo works with clients on complex issues and challenges that often require a multidisciplinary approach that leverage our main business segments – Strategy & Communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, People Advisory, and Risks Advisory. You will have opportunities to work alongside our experts in these disciplines to develop and deliver an integrated solution.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Annual salary review
- End-of-service benefits
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service)
- Private medical insurance (individual and immediate family members)
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
- Flexible and remote working with office laptop provided