We see a significant opportunity to grow our Insurance Sector Financial Advisory & Restructuring proposition globally and we have a number of opportunities in both London and Bermuda. We are looking for professionals with varying levels of experience and seniority from Senior Consultant to Associate Director level. Candidates will have experience working in audit, regulatory advisory, transactions advisory, restructuring, or other professional services, in the P&C and/or Life insurance sector. You will have the opportunity to develop and work on a diverse range of Financial Advisory engagements across the insurance sector, supporting Senior Leadership in delivering advisory engagements, transaction and restructuring implementation, and further developing our insurance advisory business.
Teneo’s Insurance Financial Advisory Team brings together expertise in restructuring, regulatory remediation, financial analysis, and transactions with project management and leadership, and a deep understanding of business and regulatory challenges faced by Global insurers, reinsurers, and intermediaries. Our team frequently combines these capabilities with restructuring and M&A activities in delivering major change at pace. We work with some of the largest and highest profile clients in our jurisdictions and pride ourselves on working collaboratively alongside clients and regulators to address acute financial challenges.
Successful candidates will be driven professionals with a keen interest in the insurance sector and strong financial skills who are seeking to join a collaborative multi-jurisdictional team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and development. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s client base across the UK, Bermuda, and our other global locations.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Client Service – Leading or working on complex, multi-workstream engagements; supporting senior colleagues on Financial Advisory projects, often in uncertain, abstract, or crisis situations.
- Business Development – Playing an active role in the team’s business development and targeting activities, developing your network in the insurance and financial advisory market, building your point of view and insights.
- People and Leadership – Coach and provide guidance and support to team members, helping to support talent development and foster an inclusive environment.
Typical Projects will include:
- Distressed restructuring
- Corporate, legal entity, or portfolio reorganisations
- Regulatory change management
- Regulatory skilled person reporting
- M&A and transaction management
- Operational remediation
- Insolvency implementation
- Lead, manage, and deliver a variety of Financial Advisory engagements.
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training.
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade.
- Support senior colleagues in managing external stakeholders.
- Support the development of new business propositions and thought leadership materials.
- Apply an understanding of engagement economics, financial and risk management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills, via formal and on-the-job training
- Understand the market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and leadership
- Actively support practice and talent development, including on-the-job coaching, mentoring and participation in wider business training initiatives.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Have a clear understanding of Teneo’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Grow and develop our Global Insurance Advisory proposition, actively supporting business development activities and identifying and pursuing potential opportunities using your own contact network as well as supporting existing business development programmes, key client accounts and sales activities led by Senior Managing Directors
- Participate in existing business development programmes and key client accounts.
- Identify opportunities to expand engagements as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients.
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Insurance industry experience.
- Strong finance skills (preferably ACA/ACCA qualified, ideally with first time passes)
- Experience working in audit, regulatory advisory, transactions advisory, restructuring, or other professional services, in the P&C and/or Life insurance sector.
- Offshore financial services experience would be beneficial.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture. Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong report writing skills, with the ability to develop client deliverables.
- Ability to lead small teams, coach, mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
We work closely with our Insurance Centre of Excellence in Bermuda and there will be opportunity to spend time on secondment.
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.