We see a significant opportunity to grow our regulatory transformation proposition within Jersey. We are looking for an Associate Director who is experienced in regulation and compliance in the Jersey Financial Services space. As an Associate Director, you will have the opportunity to develop and work on a diverse range of regulatory-focused engagements across the Financial Services sector, with plenty of responsibility for managing junior staff and supporting Senior Leadership in advisory engagements as well as client-facing delivery.
Teneo’s Regulatory Transformation Team brings together expertise in complex remediation, compliance and financial crime with project management and leadership, and a deep understanding of business and regulatory challenges faced by and in the International Finance Centres. Our team frequently combines these capabilities with restructuring and M&A activities in delivering major change at pace. We work with some of the largest and highest profile clients in our jurisdictions and pride ourselves on working collaboratively alongside clients and regulators to achieve what, at the outset, might be deemed impossible.
The successful candidate will be a driven professional with deep regulatory experience combined with commercial acumen who is seeking to join an exciting, well established and multi-jurisdictional team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and development. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s client base across the Channel Islands and further afield.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Client Service – Leading specialist regulatory engagements; being part of and providing managerial support to the Directors, Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors on regulatory turnaround projects
- Business Development – Playing an active role in the team’s business development and targeting activities, developing your network in the financial advisory market, building your point of view and insights.
- People and Leadership – Coach and provide guidance and support to team members, helping to support talent development and foster an inclusive environment.
Typical Projects will include
- Regulatory advice provision
- Regulatory change management
- Skilled person reporting
- Client secondments
- Lead and manage a variety of regulatory engagements.
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training.
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade.
- Manage parts of the engagement, providing support to the Managing Director/ Director in managing external stakeholders.
- Support the development of new business propositions and thought leadership materials.
- Apply an understanding of engagement economics, financial and risk management.
- Build client relationship skills, sector knowledge and develop leadership skills.
- Continue to build technical expertise, broader business advisory and people management skills, via formal and on-the-job training
- Understand the market, topical issues and our Financial Advisory propositions.
People and leadership
- Actively support practice and talent development, including on-the-job coaching, mentoring and participation in wider business training initiatives.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Have a clear understanding of Teneo’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- Grow and develop the regulatory transformation practice in Jersey, actively supporting business development activities and identifying and pursuing potential opportunities using your own contact network as well as supporting existing BD programmes, key client accounts and sales activities led by Senior Managing Directors
- Participate in existing business development programmes and key client accounts.
- Identify opportunities to expand jobs as well as opportunities to provide wider Teneo services to existing clients.
- Take responsibility for leading marketing initiatives aimed at specific channels to market, or events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Financial Services and technical Regulatory expertise.
- Good understanding of the International Finance Centre Financial Advisory marketplace.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture. Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong report writing skills, with the ability to develop client deliverables.
- Ability to lead small teams, coach, mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- Ability to conduct business in fluent oral and written English is a pre-requisite.
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future.
Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations.
Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I.
The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.