This is a unique opportunity for a motivated Associate Director / Director from a valuation team within the Big 4 or a leading advisory firm to join the fledgling Valuation Advisory Services practice of Teneo, the global CEO advisory firm.
The successful candidate will be a driven valuation professional who is seeking to join an exciting new team which offers unparalleled opportunities for personal growth and promotion. They should exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to provide quality, independent advice and insight to Teneo’s blue chip client base.
The Financial Advisory Team at Teneo
Our global Financial Advisory business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in all situations – from well-performing to stressed. No two situations are the same, and our advice and approach is tailored to each set of circumstances and client.
Our team at Teneo guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress to create liquidity headroom, reduce costs, improve profitability, turnaround or exit underperforming businesses, assess options, address balance sheet stress, communicate appropriately with all stakeholders, more efficiently run their businesses and, ultimately, deliver certainty from uncertainty.
Our expert team also brings market-leading experience in establishing and delivering contingency plans and insolvencies across multiple jurisdictions, providing credible fallback plans to protect value or helping to shape and affect a restructuring.
As part of a select and highly skilled team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage specific complex valuation engagements whilst collaborating closely with a range of industry leading specialists across different teams
- Use a variety of tools to conduct extensive data analysis and valuation modelling
- Conduct research, collate information, and develop reports
- Personally develop through both formal and informal training
- Interact with clients and provide quality advice, irrespective of grade
- Actively support business development activities using your own contact network as well as supporting partner-led marketing and sales activities
- Identify and pursue potential opportunities using your own network as well as participating in existing business development programmes and key client accounts
Typical projects will include:
- Fairness Opinions and commercial valuations
- PE Portfolio Valuations
- Alternative Investment
- Complex Financial Instruments
- Intellectual Property Valuations
- Valuations for Disputes & Litigation
- Financial Reporting Valuations (IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP, Dutch GAAP)
- Tax Valuations
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in Valuations gained at a Big 4 accounting firm or an independent advisory firm
- Experience providing valuation and modelling expertise across a variety of sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent business level English is essential. Additional European language skills are advantageous
- Ambitious, with a desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
- Teneo is an environment that presents a real opportunity for ambitious individuals as all employees are encouraged to develop their client network and business development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and evidence of leading clients/ providing advice in difficult situations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead small teams and develop people
What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including.
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday plus 1 DEI day
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Cash benefits package
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster and at lower cost by earning trust, navigating disruption and removing barriers. We are built to help businesses succeed in a world no longer defined by boundaries and disciplines. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues.
Our clients include a significant number of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 100, as well as other global public and private corporations.
We’re an ambitious, global consultancy which allows candidates unmatched opportunities to develop and work with inspiring, motivated people. Our teams bring together the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, restructuring, management consulting, physical & cyber risk, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, ESG, DE&I, political & policy risk, and talent advisory, to solve for the most complex business challenges and opportunities. We aim to make companies and institutions stronger and more valuable. We are capable of advising at the most senior levels across the world’s leading businesses and organisations and we’re proud to work with some of the strongest brands in the world.
Across the globe, Teneo employs more than 1,200 people, offering global reach from a light infrastructure, built out of regional hubs.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure with an open and supportive office atmosphere. To support progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on mental health and wellbeing as well as adopting an inclusive environment that allows all employees to flourish. We recognise that diversity is essential for our business and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
At Teneo, we have fully embraced hybrid working and redefined the way we work such that it facilitates collaboration, optimises productivity and promotes the health and wellbeing of our people. We are also happy to discuss other forms of flexible working so please let us know if this is something you would like to discuss.